Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
Al Fakhoora secures access to education for young people in Gaza and the West Bank. Al Fakhoora works with local and national partners to bring new hope and opportunities through scholarships and training, improved healthcare and the reconstruction of infrastructure.
Al Fakhoora programme promotes the right to education in affected areas by unlocking a new generation of marginalized youth to become educated, professionally skilled and inspired leaders of the future who can guide their families and communities towards cohesion and prosperity.
Responsible for planning, developing and implementing programme design as well as day-to-day monitoring, evaluation of project progress of both local and international programmes. In addition to oversees the development and implementation of educational related programmes relevant to the organization's work, particularly those involved with the scholarship and e-work programmes.
Key Accountabilities & Activities
- Monitor project progress against annual work plan and performance monitoring framework.
- Monitor, coordinate, and follow- up on project delivery activities to ensure program objectives are being met.
- Assist in ensuring quality assurance of all project deliverables in coordination with Senior Program Manager.
- Define clear project outcomes and, monitor and report on project progression in accordance with set outcomes, budgets, and quality standards.
- Define clear work plans in accordance with Al Fakhoora and all partnering agencies objectives.
- Carry out all program related activities including the coordination of efforts between primary stakeholders.
- Monitor and evaluate the program outcomes to ensure effective implementation and to support program management decision-making.
- Assist in the management of the day-to-day operations of assigned programs to ensure the continuous achievement of its goals and objectives in accordance with established internal policies and procedures and recommend corrective actions when necessary.
- Identify educational trends, determining data-driven systems to improve educational value during the implementation phase, as well as support educational, health/ wellness and advocacy/leadership components of all projects.
- Coordinate with partnering agencies at all stages of the implementation process in order to achieve program results.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations on new project proposals as and when required.
- Monitor systems for impartial identification, selection and placement of youth to ensure eligibility for the Al Fakhoora Dynamic Futures Scholarship.
- Contribute significantly in the design and implementation of assessments and interventions of Al Fakhoora education programmes
- Advocate, build relationships, and develop channels for dialogue with private sector, potential multilateral donors, governmental organizations, UN agencies and other international NGOs in order to achieve EAA’s Al Fakhoora objectives.
- Ensure all stakeholder data requirements are submitted in accordance with quality standards.
- Carryout any additional tasks, projects or responsibilities as may be assigned by head of Gaza office or EAA executive management from time to time.
Budgets and Plan
- Adhere to departmental budgets and ensure optimal utilization of all available resources.
Systems and Processes
- Implement approved departmental policies, processes and procedures, to ensure work is completed out in a controlled and consistent manner while delivering a world class service.
- Carry-out cost-efficient usage of all resources at disposal to reduce wastage and unnecessary expense.
- Share ideas and viewpoints to further streamline processes, thus driving efficiency and improvements across the organization.
Change Management & Continuous Improvement
- Stay updated with on-going change and cascade approved communication to the layers below.
- Collect and share ideas and viewpoints to further streamline systems, processes, thus driving efficiency and improvements across the organization.
- Provide operational guidance and feedback to team members on a day to day basis
- Provide inputs on team members during performance appraisal process.
Jobs.ps, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
- BA in Education, Development Studies, Business Administration, or any relevant Fields and Master’s Degree or equivalent in youth empowerment, education, or any relevant field is required
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience of Human Development and education programmes in governmental/non-governmental organizations, hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience in youth empowerment and economic empowerment activities and programmes.
- A strong knowledge of the employment sector, freelancing, e-work, and market needs.
- Proven knowledge of global education industry, community development, project management of sponsorship-based project environment would be an added advantage. And the education and training sectors.
- Rich experience in monitoring and evaluation tools for education, e-work and empowerment programs.
- Working relationship experience with global donors and global community development organizations would be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Arabic, and the ability to present coherent and well-structured analysis and articulation in both languages.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ability to collaborate closely and collegially internally with other departments as well as with external organizations
- Ability to communicate clearly to people of diverse linguistic and cultural backgrounds
- Strong written and oral communications, including writing, proofreading and editing, and experience in delivery of presentations and training
- Proficiency in MS Office software, familiarity with internet tools, websites and social networking
- Strong attention to detail, including ability to critically analyses complex documents and proposals
- Ability to monitor and oversee a variety of diverse, simultaneously on-going projects
- Knowledge of Project Management Tools and Techniques
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to delegate tasks
- Adaptability, flexibility and ability to multi task and meet deadlines.
- Time management, including ability to prioritize tasks
Moderate to low travel required as per business needs
Deadline for submission: 23rd
Interested and qualified candidates to send their “CV and Cover letter” no later than 23 rd February 2019 to the following email: [email protected]
ONLY those candidates pre-selected will be contacted