Position: Driver – Full Time (For Jerusalem ID Holders Only).
Reporting to: Logistics Officer
Place of Work: Ramallah, Jerusalem, with possible daily travel to West Bank (upon demand).
Duration: 6 months (renewable)
CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender. SIF Palestine Mission was established in 2008 and since then, it has set up many concrete activities in order to help in a large scale and developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs.
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
The driver will be responsible for transporting people and/or materials safely, taking into account all the conditions and requirements of public security and safety, and will be responsible for the maintenance and preservation of the vehicle.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Transporting people and equipment in safe and good conditions.
- When transferring staff and equipment, the applicable rules of the country must be respected and observed. SIF's logistics department rules and guidelines must also be respected.
- In the event of an accident, contact the nearest police station immediately, and the Logistics Department should be notified at the same time.
- When using SIF vehicles, you must follow the manufacturer's instructions as well as SIF guidelines.
- All personal documents, as well as SIF documents, must be kept in your possession, and their validity must be confirmed.
- Special guidelines should be followed when passing through checkpoints and while traveling.
- Collecting and bringing any project supplies and materials, and the Procurement and Logistics Department.
- Distribution of mail upon the demand and the need to or from: ministries, institutions, beneficiaries, partner, insurance companies, in accordance with the instructions given to you.
Vehicle maintenance guarantee:
- Handling and solving simple technical problems.
- Report any necessary repairs to the Logistics Department.
- Do daily necessary tests before the engine is turned on.
- Keep the vehicle clean and in good conditions
- Make sure that all the necessary means of communication are available and functioning, before moving to the required sites.
- Record fuel consumption in the vehicle in the special registration form, in the morning, and at the end of the day as well as any others, and any other maintenance information.
- Security verification.
Preparing for departure from the field:
- Daily check and prepare the car before departure, in order to maintain time.
- Preparing for having any other equipment such as (fuel, posters, flags, tools, first aid box).
Jobs.ps, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- Experience working with NGO’s/ INGO's.
- Minimum of one year driving experience.
- Good knowledge of English: reading and conversation.
- Valid driving license, with clean record.
Jerusalem ID is mandatory
- The ability to take initiatives and maintain a professional relationship with all parties concerned.
- The ability to understand rules, regulations and standards and to implement guidelines and instructions.
- The ability to conduct daily trips in the West Bank and Jerusalem.
- Ready to work overtime when needed
- Location: Jerusalem and West Bank
- Duration: 6 months (renewable)
- Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
- Driver: (Ref # 2021/07/01)
- Two professional references with their contacts’ information.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer