WHO Logistics Assistant - Jerusalem
Application Type : External Vacancy
Job ID/Title : 968 - WHO Logistics Assistant
Category : Administration/Operations
Brand : WHO
Application Deadline : 13-Oct-17
Duty Station : Jerusalem
Duration of Initial Contract : 12 months
Under the direct supervision of the Admin/Finance Officer and overall supervision of the Head of WHO Country Office, Palestine, work is performed in normal office environment. Supervisor gives instructions on non-routine matters. Routine tasks are performed independently with some discretion in non-routine matters related to office procedures only. Where guidelines are incomplete, limited interpretation may be required to select course of action on approach to work.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To provide support to the WHO country office in the logistics and administration area including procurement, shipment and security ensuring effectiveness, transparency, and integrity
To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State’s health and development agendas, and harmonized with the United Nations country teams
Description of Responsibilities:
Activities will include the following:
The duties are, but not limited to: Receive shipments and ensure both quality and quantity
- Using GSM, support the procurement process of goods and services, monitor status and follow up with concerned parties’ customs clearance, receipt of deliverable and finalization of payments.
- Monitor material transport and delivery for timeliness and legality,
- Receive and process requests for procurement of goods and services for different technical and emergency programmes, ensure adherence to the standard WHO Guidelines on procurement, accuracy of information, completion of required supporting documents and availability of funds.
- Interact with third party logistics service providers
- Audit freight cost and documentation
- Review bills, invoices and purchase orders
- Create packing lists and update shipment information in database
- Organize files both manually and electronically
- Monitor and facilitate office repairs and MOSS requirements
- Assist in managing office security related work
- Prepare routine correspondence and interim replies to local authorities and ministry of foreign affairs related to assigned responsibilities, type and finalize correspondence of administrative nature.
- Register fixed assets in GSM. Ensure that office assets are bar coded and regular physical count is performed.
- Provide logistic assistance needed in office
- Maintain proper records of supplies and office inventory.
- Assist/replace colleagues in the WHO office, and perform other duties related to the area of work, as required.
- Communicating in a credible and effective manner.
- Producing results.
- Knowing and managing yourself.
Completion of secondary education, supplemented by training in a field related to the work performed
University degree in business administration, social sciences or a related field is an asset
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
Three years of relevant administrative experience
Relevant experience in the UN system.
Very good knowledge of English and Arabic,
Knowledge of Hebrew will be an asset.
Type of contract: LICA contract, GS4
Duration of contract: 12 months
Applications must be submitted by 13th Oct 2017 to
Applications must be in English and include your CV.
Only Palestinians are eligible to apply. Short listed candidates will be contacted.
WHO HAS A NON-SMOKING WORK ENVIRONMENT