Position Title: Marketing Officer
Location: Khan Younis
Duration: 7 months
Association of Khan Younis Agricultural Cooperative Ltd. is a Palestinian non-governmental and non-political organization which is based in Khan Younis. It has been established in 1944 . and it aims to achieve synergy and cohesion among farmers, allow them to participate in new investments opportunities, create a strong economic power, increase the applicability of comprehensive development and achieve economic prosperity and social development.
Association of Khan Younis Agricultural Cooperative and Action Against Hunger are working in the implementation of the project: “Right to work of women in the Gaza Strip through small scale agricultural production and strategic marketing, participation in civil society and advocacy “ Funded by the Agència Catalana de Cooperació al Desenvolupament (ACCD)
The Project will contribute to assure the right to work and adequate standard of living for women headed vulnerable households in the Gaza Strip through establishment of a sustainable source of income for them and increase their participation within community.
The Project is offering an opportunity for a highly motivated woman to work as a Marketing Officer.
-Bachelor degree in (business administration, economics, or any similar field).
-At least 1 year experience in marketing and project management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills.
-Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
-Highly motivated and results driven.
- Excellent skills in MS office including Excel, Word and Power Point.
-A good sense of leadership
-Creative and independent thinking.
-Proven good Reporting/Writing skills in Arabic and English.
- Ability to work within a team and work under pressure.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
-Assist in developing and implementing of plans and Marketing strategies.
-Develop and maintain business through effective use of all appropriate promotion mechanism, marketing analysis and distribution channel.
- Develop and coordinates all marketing, advertising and promotional activities within Khan Younis Cooperative..
- Deliver trainings and workshops on business management and marketing to the target group.
- Provide technical support to women from food processing unit and cooperative members to strengthen their marketing capacities.
-To establish a strong relationship with the right holders and cooperative members through conducting meetings and workshops.
- Keep track of the success rate and performance of women club and making the required changes for better effectiveness and also receiving feedback on this club.
- Conduct Field Visits to Right Holders and Farmers lands and food processing units.
- Gather information to support the analysis of marketing activities.
- Communicate with potential buyers to promote members production.
- Link members with potential buyers.
- Prepare and Submit reports as needed to Action Against Hunger Project Officer.
- Performs other duties as and when requested by the Project Officer.
Important to Know:
The position is based in the Association of Khan Younis Agricultural Cooperative and requires frequent visits to the projects sites
in Khan Yonis, Rafah and Der Al-Balah.
Interested candidates should send a CV and a cover letter indicating the specific position and resume to :
Only shortlisted will be considered.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 16/2/2017