Position: Project Manager
Contract duration: 6 months– 3 months probation
Location: Gaza / Palestine
Starting Date ASAP
Background on ACTED
ACTED is an independent international, private, non-partisan and non-profit organization that operates according to principles of strict neutrality, political and religious impartiality, and non discrimination.
ACTED was created in 1993 to support populations affected by the conflict in Afghanistan. Based in Paris, France, ACTED is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 34 countries towards 8 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. In association with several French, European and International partners, ACTED is committed to promoting and developing innovative approaches and initiatives, humanitarian principles, new forms of solidarity and convergences between private and public actors and NGOs from the North and the South covering themes such as aid efficiency and transparency, evaluation, information and coordination of humanitarian emergencies, promotion of local governance and civil society strengthening, sustainable access to income and microfinance, prevention and reduction of catastrophes, the link between development aid, sustainable development and social business, food security, etc.
In the occupied Palestinian territories, ACTED is both committed to humanitarian assistance and long-term development. ACTED strives to strengthen the economic capacities of cooperatives in rural areas, consolidate civil society organisations, and provide emergency assistance to the most vulnerable rural communities in the West Bank, East Jerusalem and the Gaza Strip. ACTED currently seeks a Project Manager for its humanitarian project in the Gaza Strip.
The Project Manager is responsible for the implementation and management of a specific project aimed at providing rehabilitation for agricultural assets including water carrying lines and water ponds, and provide agricultural inputs to vulnerable farmers whose livelihood were affected by the 2014 war in 4 communities in the southern Gaza Strip through contactors and cash for work.
- Supervise and guide project implementation and implementing partner’s work.
- Daily follow-up on implementing partner activities’ implementation.
- Ensure the project is in line with the humanitarian standards, the indicators set and the timeframe.
- Coordinates with Logistics, Finance, AME and Field Coordinator.
- Facilitates and follow up the work of AME Unit and work on program improvement.
- Proposes improvements on programme to Field Coordinator.
- Submits regular and ad-hoc reports on time to the Field Coordinator as directed.
- Ensure that the Field Coordinator is well informed of the project activities and progresses while attending coordination meetings and meetings with donors and other stakeholders.
- Ensures that all needed information/figures necessary for reporting are well tracked and recorded
- Makes sure archiving of documents is on track through coordination with finance officer
- Attend relevant coordination meetings such as clusters in coordination with the Area Coordinator
Project implementation and supervision
- Responsible for developing, planning and implementing project activities in coordination with implementing partner.
- Responsible and accountable for the performance of ACTED and implementing partner, in terms of outputs, quality, efficiency and compliance with ACTED rules and policies
- Responsible for continues technical review of all installed material and for vendors’ activities.
- Provide technical inputs for all project activities especially with tender procedures
- Conduct regular field visits to relevant communities and stakeholders where operations are being or will be implemented.
- Ensure that all implemented activities in the field well supervised and met the required standards.
-Monitoring and Reporting
a. Performance and quality monitoring:
- Responsible for the performance and quality oversight of the team, to ensure that standards and indicators are being met in coordination with the AME Unit
- Responsible to follow up on the complaint response mechanism in coordination with the AME Unit
b. Activity reporting:
- Responsible for reviewing and updating project work plan (including implementing partner work plan)
- Responsible for updating the monthly project report and project management follow-up tool in line with completion of targets and progress
External Relations, communication and coordination
a.External representation :
- Participates in technical and sectorial meetings as required by the Area Coordinator
- Participates in meetings with local authorities when related to the project implementation
- Responsible for sharing information both to the team and from the team to the Coordination and other departments
- Keeps regular communication with the Coordination and Area Coordinator, including raising issues, challenges and ideas
- Participates in the strategic development of the project
- Perform other duties as requested by his/her direct supervisor
- Responsible for planning and organizing the activities and allocating work amongst the programme teams, if existing.
- Responsible for developing the knowledge of the partner and the team
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering , agriculture or any other related field.
- 4-5 years of work experience with NGOs in managerial position , with focus on the field.
- At least 2 years work experience in similar projects.
- Good knowledge about the food security sector.
- Good in time management , ability to work under pressure and outside office hours.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments & meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills.
- Fluency in written & spoken English/ Arabic.
- Professional attitude, good social skills, and ability to work in a team.
- Accurate, reliable, open-minded, and a positive attitude.
- Willingness to improve skills and knowledge.
- Capable in planning and problem solving.
- Valid Driving license (with clean record) is compulsory
Submission of applications:
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter, CV, and three references (in English) no later than 21/05/2017 no later than 12:00pm to:
indicating the position ( Project Manager ) in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Att: Human Resources Department
For more information, visit us at www.acted.org