Middle East Programs Director (Palestine)
Job Category: Programming
Job Posted: May 15, 2017
Application Deadline: June 1, 2017
Area of Focus: Children and Youth, Peace, War, and Conflict Resolution
Since 1993, Seeds of Peace inspires and cultivates new generations of global leaders in communities divided by conflict. We equip them with the skills and relationships they need to accelerate social, economic, and political changes essential for peace.
Our leadership development model begins with a transformational camp session in Maine for exceptional young people and educators living in conflict. The program shifts attitudes and perceptions and builds respect and empathy. Our approach continues through year-round local programs that strengthen relationships and leadership capacities.
We then accelerate the impact of our alumni who are challenging the ideologies, policies, and practices that perpetuate conflict. Our network now encompasses over 6,400 alumni throughout the Middle East, South Asia, Europe, and the United States who are uniquely positioned to lead change.
Works as part of Middle East Team to develop and help implement local leadership development programs and strategy, with particular attention to and emphasis on our Palestinian community.
- Develops a cohesive vision and strategy for Seeds of Peace in Palestine that aligns with overall programmatic goals and strategy, in consult with Middle East Programs team
- Works with Middle East Programs team to design and execute year-round regional activities for youth
- Consults on recruitment, selection, and preparation processes for Palestinian youth and educators in Camp programs
- Conducts outreach to schools and communities in support of Camp and regional programs
- Builds and manages strategic partnerships and community relationships to deepen local roots and strengthen support for our participants and work
- Assists with design and execution of alumni and educator programs
- Acts as local liaison to Palestinian alumni and educators
- Works with development team to support proposal development and fundraising for Middle East programs
- Acts as local representative of and voice for Seeds of Peace programs
- Assists with preparation and management of annual budgets
- Timely compliance with programmatic and financial reporting
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in program design and implementation as well as youth leadership development and/or conflict transformation or peacebuilding work
- Strong knowledge and understanding of political and social realities in Palestine/Israel
- Proven ability to build relationships and partnerships with key constituents
- Thrives in a team setting and able to work easily as part of a diverse team
- Experience and passion for working with young people
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to take initiative and reliably hold to deadlines
- Strong English language skills and native Arabic language skills required
- Experience in dialogue facilitation preferred
- Experience in program management and budgeting preferred
- Willingness to work on weekend days and after hours for program implementation, as necessary
- Willingness to work inside a unique office setting, and travel locally and internationally as needed
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office Word and Excel) required
Due to a high volume of applicants, you will only be contacted if you are being considered for the position.
To apply, please access the online application. You will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.