Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Hebron office one
For a period of 12 months
The Candidate will:
- Prepare the direct procurements in the base and support base logistician in the other procurements when needed
- Deal with contractors and suppliers to ensure technical specifications and arrange deliveries on site for the direct procurements.
- Participate in updating the PFU (procurement Follow Up) on monthly basis for the direct procurements part.
- Evaluate the transport needs of Action Against Hunger Hebron and coordinate requests for extra vehicles.
- Ensure all vehicles are equipped with the necessary equipment and documentation according to the fleet Standard Operation Procedures (SOP).
- Ensure regular and ad-hoc maintenance of the Action Against Hunger Hebron fleet is undertaken and make a record of any maintenance undertaken.
- Be the focal point for the new “Fleet Tracking System” at the base level.
- Undertake monthly fleet reporting and follow up on issues that arise from this (High fuel consumption, inaccurate recording in the logbook)
- Maintain/update Hebron base equipment list.
- Undertake inventory checks and update inventory lists in Hebron base.
- Maintain IT, Hardware, Software, cameras, UPS and communication equipment in Hebron base within 24 hours.
- Assist the base logistician in preparing the monthly logistics cash forecast and send to the admin department
- Follow up the alarm system issues.
- Follow up all office running costs.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor degree in Business administration, procurement, information technology or related field
- Good Knowledge in Procurement, fleet management and IT.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in logistics especially in IT management and fleet management. Good knowledge in procurement is a plus, either in NGOs or private sector.
- knowledge in humanitarian or emergency programming is a plus.
- Knowledge of major humanitarian donors and donor compliance issues is a plus.
- Motivation and commitment to humanitarian work and values.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and team worker.
- Valid driving license and proven driving skills.
- Very good in reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English.
- Excellent knowledge in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email/internet software.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
Interested candidates should send a letter of motivation and their updated CV including at least two professional references covering the last two supervisors for their last two jobs to
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 20th of September 2017.
PLEASE indicate the reference LOGO/TTPP/17/08 in all correspondence.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.