The Jerusalem Princess Basma Centre is a charitable, non-profit, non-governmental organization based in Jerusalem working on the empowerment of children with disabilities and their families in their communities through physical rehabilitation and inclusive education. JPBC is recruiting for the position of:
Fundraising and Reporting Officer
Duty station: The Jerusalem Princess Basma Centre in Jerusalem (JPBC)
Duration: 12 months (renewable)
Probation period: 3 months
Starting date: 1 November 2017
To promote and support the Jerusalem Princess Basma Centre and its partner organizations in creating better lives for children with disabilities, in cooperation with different stakeholders including local authorities, institutions, partners, donors private sector, and international organizations.
Areas of responsibility:
The Fundraising and Reporting Officer, together with the different teams of the organisation including the program team, is responsible for the proper implementation of projects by the organisation and its partners. This includes strategic planning for identification of needs and priorities, identification of funding opportunities and proposal writing, monitoring and reporting of funded projects; according to the instructions and guidelines set by the line manager.
The Fundraising and Reporting Officer also has the following areas of
- Contribute to the development of an annual work plan with realistic and achievable long-term goals and short-term objectives as well as contributing to the Annual Report according to the guidelines provided by the organisation.
- Contribute to the following up and reporting on objectives that are achieved, and on deviations from the Work Plan and budget.
- Actively contribute to program and budget development.
- Participate in developing a fundraising strategy for the organisation
- Participate and assist in the identification of needs and areas of support for the organization’s interventions in line with its vision and mandate.
- Take responsibility for all fundraising activities internally and externally. Follow up on each event from start to finish; ensuring a cost-efficient approach.
- Actively identify funding opportunities with local, international and private donors.
- Pro-actively work with/lobby donors in promoting the organisation’s projects’ needs.
- In charge of drafting and finalizing funding proposals and budgets for donors in cooperation with the finance department finalize contractual agreements with donors.
- In charge of reporting to donors through the drafting and finalization of reports and in providing visibility materials required by donors (in close collaboration with the Communication Officer).
- Support partner organizations in identifying funding needs.
- Actively monitor and report on the implementation of funded projects based on contractual agreements.
- Actively work with partner organizations in collecting the necessary data and information essential for the drafting and finalization of reports to donors according to donor reporting requirements.
- Contribute to the institutional memory and the experience-sharing by reporting and feedback, innovating initiatives and by networking with other colleagues from the organization and partners.
- Ensure that documents such as project memos, ToRs, plans, contracts and agreements are developed and kept according to approved formats and according to the organisation’s standard filing systems.
- Support and stimulate teamwork within the different teams of the organisation.
- Carry out additional tasks upon decision by line manager within the limits of the character of the post.
- At least 3 years experience in project cycle management and budget control.
- At least bachelor degree in social work, education, human rights or development studies.
- Work experience and training on children’s rights and rights of people with disabilities.
- Knowledge of humanitarian and development needs.
- Capacity to combine field and office work.
- Very good English and Arabic reporting skills. Other languages are an asset.
- Ability to work in a team, both as leader and participant. Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to manage different and multiple tasks and to deliver in a short period of time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
Interested candidates are requested to send a covering letter attached to their CV by email to:
indicating the title of the in the email subject line.
Deadline to submit your applications until October 20th 2017. Applications received after the above mentioned date will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.