Finance and Compliance Officer
Palestinian Shippers‘ Council (PSC)
Background of PSC
The Palestinian Shippers' Council (PSC) is a non-profit association that was formed to address the urgent needs of the shippers' community and to contribute in the Palestinian economic development and trade expansion through measures that promote trade efficiency and facilitation at all stages of the maritime and related transport logistical chain.
The PSC has received a grant from the US Agency for International Development (USAID) for the project entitled “Business without Boundaries” which aims to promote Palestinian trade by shedding the light on the obstacles facing Palestinian traders and establishing a platform of dialogue between project beneficiaries for exchange of information, increased technical knowledge, and newly established working relationships. Accordingly, the PSC seeks the selection and employment of Finance and Compliance Officer.
Position Title: Finance and Compliance Officer – Full Time
Reports To: Director General
Under the overall supervision of the Director General the Finance Compliance Officer will oversee the financial aspects of the PSC projects, and will ensure that the financial systems are compatible with standard accounting practices and follow PSC policies, procedures and regulations.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following
- Work closely with the Accountant in the overall financial management of the contract and of sub-grants and track program expenditure.
- Be responsible for the program’s overall financial management, ensuring strict adherence to PSC policies and procedures and donor’s rules and regulations.
- Ensure that incurred costs are allowable, allocable and reasonable in accordance with donor’s budget and PSC policies and procedures.
- As requested by the Director General, review accurate, complete and timely financial reporting, including monthly accrual/projection spreadsheets, and ensure timely submission of financial reports.
- Review the internal control systems to ensure that appropriate mechanisms, procedures, and systems are in place. Ensure proper safeguards of funds and compliance with established PSC and Donor’s financial and accounting procedures.
- Plan and perform internal audits of accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, fixed assets, and petty cash.
- Review bank reconciliations and reconciliation of petty cash and fund report at time of replenishment.
- Prepare all financial reports and submit on timely bases.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as accountant or finance officer.
- Experience with managing financial aspects of USAID projects.
- Budgeting and budget tracking skills, as well as financial management skills.
- University degree in a finance/accounting or Business Administration.
- Excellent written and verbal English and Arabic language skills.
Qualified candidates should send their CV, and a cover letter detailing their interest and qualifications for this position to the following email addresses:
Deadline for submitting applications: Thursday, October 12th, 2017 no later than 4:00pm. Please indicate the position title (Finance and Compliance Officer) in the email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.