Position:Admin & Finance Assistant
Contract duration: 6 months – 3 months probation
Location:Gaza / Palestine
Starting Date: ASAP
Background on ACTED
ACTED is an independent international, private, non-partisan and non-profit organization that operates according to principles of strict neutrality, political and religious impartiality, and non-discrimination.
ACTED was created in 1993 to support populations affected by the conflict in Afghanistan. Based in Paris, France, ACTED is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 34 countries towards 8 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and economic and social development. ACTED has worked in Palestine since 2007.
In the occupied Palestinian territory, ACTED is both committed to humanitarian assistance and long-term development. ACTED strives to strengthen the economic capacities of cooperatives in rural areas, consolidate civil society organisations, and provide emergency assistance to the most vulnerable, rural communities in the West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza. ACTED currently seeks Admin and Finance Assistant to support the field coordinator with the finance and administrative tasks in Gaza office.
- Support to proper planning, expenditure tracking and audit of financial resources in accordance with ACTED financial procedures.
- Support ton proper financial management, monitoring and reporting in compliance of donor and any other financial contributions agreements.
- Respect and follow up ACTED financial procedures
- Assist in petty cash management
- Assist is cash follow up (PRATIC)
- Prepare for internal and external audit
- Voucher and Cashbook: filling of vouchers and registration of voucher in cash books
- Preparing payments for all items and services approved by the Finance Officer and Coordination.
- Daily filling for Finance document.
- Daily follow up on the physical book status
- Check vouchers transparency and quality on a regular basis.
- Prepare the needed documents for an internal & external audit
- To prepare the debt follow up for the on-going project
- Assist in the bank statement reconciliation
Admin & HR:
- Manage office tasks including answering phone calls, relaying messages to staff as required, prioritizing mail, filing, photocopying, greeting and assisting visitors to the organization’s office.
- Support the HR/Admin officer in the preparation of the weekly and monthly meetings.
- Scan and send scanned copies to requesters.
- Distributes mail and faxes daily, (sends/receives faxes for all office staff) and maintains the record of file of faxes and emails received.
- Files all documents/scanned copies as needed and keeps filing system maintained.
- Assist in the planning and preparation of events, meetings and conferences.
- Manage the office facilities usage schedules.
- Maintains and checks regularly the administrative filing system.
- Maintains multiple appointment calendars and coordinate meetings with senior management.
- Translates short documents (Arabic to English, and vise verca).
- Assists in recruitment in cooperation with relevant staff members.
- Prepares staff attendance sheets.
- Follows up on vacation and sick leave for National and International staff.
- Assists in completing monthly reporting documents related to HR.
- Prepares letters and other relevant documents for Embassies, Ministries and Partners to issue visas, work permits, etc. for ACTED staff, follows up of all staff ’s visas and work permits and has a computerized up-to-date data base.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the same position.
- Previous work experience with NGOs / INGOs.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments & meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills.
- Fluency in written & spoken English/ Arabic.
- Professional attitude, good social skills, and ability to work in a team.
- Accurate, reliable, open-minded, and a positive attitude.
- Willingness to improve skills and knowledge.
- Valid Driving license (with clean record).
- Commitment towards principles and ethics of humanitarian aid, including compliance with ACTED standards and principles.
- Experience in adhering to security protocols and procedures.
- Strong Computer skills, in particular MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and the Internet.
Submission of applications:
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter, CV, and three references (in English) no later than 21/05/2017 no later than 12:00pm to:
indicating the position (Admin and Finance Assistant) in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Att: Human Resources Department
For more information, visit us at www.acted.org