Palestinian Shippers‘ Council (PSC)
Background of PSC
The Palestinian Shippers' Council (PSC) is a non-profit association that was formed to address the urgent needs of the shippers' community and to contribute in the Palestinian economic development and trade expansion through measures that promote trade efficiency and facilitation at all stages of the maritime and related transport logistical chain. Currently; the PSC seeks the selection and employment of an Accountant.
Position Title: Accountant
Reports To: Director General
Under the overall supervision of the Director General the Accountant will handle prepare, compute, manage, research and analyze all accounting data, in order to provide quantitative information on performance, financial position, liquidity and cash flows for the PSC.
- Manage all accounting operations based on accounting principles
- Administering payrolls and controlling income and expenditure
- Control and follow up on collections and bank deposits, and updating accounts receivable
- Updating accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all financial transactions are recorded
- Process balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements
- Collect, analyze and summarize account information to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Conduct month-end and year-end close process
- Develop periodic reports for management
- Perform and follow up with Banks on financial matters.
- Assist with other accounting projects
- Bachelor's degree in finance and banking, or accounting
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience
- Excellent Knowledge of Bisan Accounting Software
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Excellent computer skills mainly in Microsoft Office
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality
Qualified candidates should send their CV, and a cover letter detailing their interest and qualifications for this position to the following email address:
Deadline for submitting applications: Sunday, October 15th, 2017 no later than 4:00pm. Please indicate the position title (Accountant) in the email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.