Secours Islamique France
Accountant - Gaza
Founded in 1992, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a non-governmental organisation for international solidarity with a social and humanitarian mission With a presence in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Europe, Secours Islamique France assists the peoples through its emergency aid, development and orphan sponsorship programmes in over 30 countries wherever humanitarian and social needs exist, without regard to race, religion or gender.
SIF Gaza Strip (GS) Mission in the Palestinian Territory (PT) was established in 2008, and since then has developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs. SIF GS is a member of the Food Security, including Agriculture, WASH, Education, Child Protection, Health & Nutrition and Shelter/NFIs clusters since many years and plays an active role in all cluster meetings. SIF GS also works in coordination with many local and international and humanitarian organizations in the GS and local NGOs to assess, share information and coordinate project implementation and with the Palestinian Authority (PA) to obtain authorizations.
Since 2008, SIF GS has implemented many emergency, seasonal and developmental projects in several sectors, including food security, including agriculture, education, child protection, WASH, health & nutrition and shelter & NFIs.
DEFINITION OF THE FUNCTION
The accountant is under the Admin Officer’s responsibility will work the accounting works aspects, she/ he also work in close cooperation with all the team the following :-
- Prepare payment vouchers (for operational expenses and funds by SIF HQ) and ensure that all cash transactions are fully and properly documented. (Receipt voucher)
- Prepare checks or wire transfer requests based on fully approved documents and present to approved check-signers for review and signature.
- Prepare bank payment vouchers and ensure that all bank transactions are properly and fully documented.
- Maintain and update contract files.
- Record payment vouchers daily in the bank transactions movements.
- Prepare scanning of vouchers and other supporting documents as required for the monthly reporting package to HQ Finance.
- Maintain records for all accountable such as cheque books.
- Record all financial transactions in SAGA daily.
- Prepare cash & bank reconciliations on monthly bases
- Prepare budget vs. actual reports,, on a monthly basis and as required.
- Support the Finance Officer in monitoring of expenses.
- Assist and replace the other Accountants in the team whenever requested.
- Participate in the monthly accounting closing.
- Assist the Finance Officer in manage the Inventory movements in Warehouse.
- Perform any other duties related as may be assigned
- University degree in accounting – Financial management
- Good spoken and written English and Arabic/ French is a plus.
- 3 years of proven field experience in relevant field.
Computer skills particularly in MS Office applications.
Flexibility, Organization skills, Sense of responsibilities, Analysis and coordination skills, and Good interpersonal skills.
Location: Gaza Strip
Duration: 1 year
Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
Accountant: (Ref #: 2017/01/ AC.)
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV & letter of motivation with the Ref # of the post (as indicated above) and two professional references for their last two employers no later than 02:00 p.m. on 26th. March, 2017 to the following e-mail address:
Faxed CV’s or emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected.
Only candidates possessing relevant experience will be considered.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer