Birzeit University announces the need of "Project Coordinator"-Full Time- with temporary contract, on project titled " Palestine Youth: Toghether for Change", according to the following terms and qualifications:
-BSc/BA or MA in Social Science or relevant field.
-Five-year experience in program/project management. Proven capacity to generate ideas, reporting, assess political and social environment, develop and implement relevant strategies and projects,
-Knowledge and experience of civil society and its work in Palestine, knowledge and experience of working with youth desirable,
-Proven capacity to develop budgets and follow up financial aspects
-Ability to create an environment, which encourages teamwork. Proven ability to inspire confidence in and build relationships with youth and partners
-Excellent fluent written and verbal English and Arabic. Ability to communicate sensitively and assertively with a wide range of stakeholders. Proven capacity to negotiate and maintain relationships
-Experience and Ability to work with diversity and multi-disciplinary teams,
-Ability to network effectively with a broad range of stakeholders, including government agencies,
-International and national non-governmental organizations, and community based organizations,
_Demonstrated familiarity with MS Office
-Excellent in English and Arabic: reading, writing and speaking.
-To successfully manage and administer a complex workload within the deadlines needed
-On own performance and that of the program. Able to act on that learning.
- Lead the effective management of project and its activities according to the organization’s and project documents,
- Lead and coordinate the youth recruitment process,
- Act as a resource, guide and engine for the youth in order to optimize change/impact, actively mentor and support the youth group and improve capacity of individuals and youth group.
- Coordinate the project mentors effectively and based on youth needs,
- Identify youth training needs, develop and coordinate needed training,
- Assist the youth in develop their advocacy strategy and actions,
- In close coordination with project policy advisor and youth group, make sure that a series of Policy Seminars related to the identified priority themes are implemented in a timely and quality manners.
- Manage communications through media relations, social media etc,
- Help build positive relations within the youth, project team and external parties from different locations
- Schedule and organize meetings/events and activities,
- Coordinate project different committees work, such as the coordination committee, take meetings minutes and report to committee as requested
- Apply and follow planning and monitoring reports; monitor and evaluate performance regularly against agreed project objectives and indicators, this include tracking perception and knowledge change of the youth.
- Ensure technology is used correctly for all operations (video conferencing, presentations etc.),
- Outreach with local community, partners, mentors and youth groups on regular basis,
- Wellness to conduct fieldwork and travel across the West Bank, Palestine 1984, Jerusalem and the Gaza Strip.
- In cooperation with the Finance department, monitor and report on the project budget,
- In cooperation with the Finance department, follow procurement regulations,
- In cooperation with the Finance department, provide when needed updated financial reports on the status of project activities.
- Produce monthly reports and any requested reports on the progress of activities.
- Support growth and project development}
Application must be submitted online.
The Deadline for applications is December13, 2016.
- In application please attached, a detailed CV with Cover letter.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.