Bethlehem Arab Society for Rehabilitation is currently seeking to fill the following position:
Position Title: Advocacy Officer
Location: Beit Jala
Project duration: 3 years
Contract: 1 year renewable on a yearly basis.
Accountable To: Advocacy Coordinator
- Identify strategic entry points for advocacy initiatives, set priorities, plan and execute advocacy strategies and campaigns for promoting the rights and inclusion of persons with disabilities.
- Design and conduct capacity building and training workshops on various aspects of the rights of persons with disabilities, with special focus on the right to work and employment, targeting different public and private sector stakeholders, including persons with disabilities and DPOs, in all parts of the West Bank.
- Write reports and prepare key documents and resource materials in relation to awareness raising, capacity building and advocacy programs, particularly in livelihood related fields.
- Maintain communication links and information flow between BASR, its local partners, DPOs, public authorities and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor degree in Social Sciences, Human Rights and disability Studies, or relevant fields
- Proven experience in disability advocacy and promotion of the rights of persons with disabilities.
- Demonstrated understanding of disability related laws and conventions and the range of issues facing people with disabilities.
- A strong sense of diplomacy, sociability and interpersonal communication.
- High level facilitation, presentation and training skills.
- Capacity of strategic thinking, leadership and decision making
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to produce high quality reports in both Arabic and English.
- Ability to plan, take initiative and to work with minimum supervision.
- Willingness and ability to work occasionally at non-standard hours and to undertake some travel in northern and southern parts of the West Bank.
- Adaptability and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks efficiently.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a motivation letter and a CV, indicating the position applied for, to
by Sunday 26 March 2017. Applications, which do not meet the specified minimum requirements, or are received after the closing date, will not be eligible.
Applications from candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged.