Professional Certificate in English Language Teaching (PCELT) Scholarship
Graduating this year and interested in becoming an English language teacher?
AMIDEAST, through the American Spaces program, is now accepting applications for the 120-hour Professional Certificate in English Language Teaching (PCELT) Scholarship. This scholarship is for aspiring English language teachers who have no formal teaching background looking to gain hands-on experience and practical application to a wide variety of teaching situations. The scholarship will provide 12 teacher candidates in Ramallah with a meaningful blend of theory and practice through input sessions and workshops, guided lesson planning, observed practice teaching, and continuous peer and trainer feedback through the Professional Certificate in English Language Teaching (PCELT) program.
The U.S.-accredited PCELT program is a recognized TESOL certificate program developed by AMIDEAST and the renowned World Learning/SIT Graduate Institute. The 120-hour program provides a cutting-edge curriculum that blends international best practices with topics of particular relevance for teachers in the region. The overall program approach is grounded in experiential learning, critical thinking, and creative problem solving within a learner-centered framework.
• Graduated with a college degree in education, English literature or a related field in 2019;
• Resides in Ramallah or is able to commute 5 days a week for 5 weeks to Ramallah;
• Has EXCELLENT oral and written English language skills;
• Must be a Palestinian resident of the West Bank or Jerusalem. U.S. citizens or green card holders are not eligible;
• Has no formal teaching experience; and
• Can commit to an intensive program schedule from June 9 until July 15, 2019.