MIS training Opportunity
Call for application
The Ahli Arab Hospital is announcing MIS training opportunity
FULL IMMERSION COURSE IN MINIMALLY INVASIVE SURGERY (MIS)
WITH SIMULATION TRAINING, HANDS ON EXERCICES AND SHARING OR ACTIVITIES
Overall Course Objective:
This full immersion course is intended for licensed doctors, Residents and General Surgeons, Orthopedics, Obstetrics and Gynecology interested on starting, testing and/or improving their skill on laparoscopy/arthroscopy through physical simulation, wet lab (anatomical specimen) and mentored operation room training. The sessions also will include cognitive knowledge, general principles of simulation, proficiency based training, self-assessment and peer tutoring.
The course avails itself of international scientific advice and takes into account the guidelines of the major scientific societies regarding the training in MIS.
The trainees will be organized in small groups and assisted by tutors. Altogether, the different sessions of the course will have a duration of one month and a certificate of participation will be provided.
Training activities are planned on Fundamental Skills such as on hand to hand, hands - eyes coordination and three-dimensional visual spatial perception and on fundamental tasks (extracorporeal and intra corporeal knotting, placement of legating loop, suturing; according to international criteria) in addition to a wet lab (anatomical specimen). Objective measurement of participant’s technical skills based on standardized maneuvers and tasks will be considered the same as the achieved improvements. Moreover, mentored operation room training will conclude the course for selected trainees.
Candidates will be selected according to the following criteria:
- Holding Bachelor Degree of Medicine
- Valid License to practice medicine in Palestine in order to be allowed to participate in activities in OR too.
- Preference will be given to the applicant Practicing surgery, or Orthopedic or Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- Preference will be given to the applicants included in a residency training program in surgery or orthopedic or obstetrics and gynecology or holding a postgraduate degree in these specialties.
- Preferably working for private/NGO institutions whether national or international
- AAH MIS team will organize an interview with potential trainee
Please fill the application on Jobs.aahgaza.com
Deadline 5th August 2018