Minimally Invasive Surgery MIS Training Course
Overall Course Objective:
This full immersion course is intended for licensed doctors and General Surgeons, Orthopedics, Obstetrics and Gynecology & other surgical specialists or residents who are interested on starting, testing and/or improving their skill on laparoscopy/arthroscopy through physical simulation, wet lab (anatomical specimen) and mentored operation room training. The sessions also will include cognitive knowledge, general principles of simulation, proficiency based training, self-assessment and peer tutoring.
The course avails itself of international scientific advice and takes into account the guidelines of the major scientific societies in relation with the training in MIS.
The trainees will be organized in small groups and assisted by tutors. Altogether, the different sessions of the course will have a duration of one month and a certificate of participation will be provided.
Training includes MIS related cognitive knowledge to be followed by a hands on training on physical & laparoscopic simulator in the training center. In addition to monitor clinical & operation room attendance.
Candidates will be selected according to the following criteria:
- Holding Bachelor Degree of Medicine
- Valid License to practice medicine in Palestine in order to be allowed to participate in activities in OR too.
- Preference will be given to the applicant practicing in different surgical specialists or Orthopedic or Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- Preference will be given to the applicants included in a residency training program in surgery or orthopedic or obstetrics and gynecology or holding a postgraduate degree in these specialties.
- Preferably working for private/NGO institutions whether national or international
- AAH MIS team will organize an interview with potential trainee
All precautions of COVID-19 are taken.