Web programming & artistic design of a Web edutainment serie...
Terms of Reference (ToR)
Deadline for submission: 15 June 2018
Oxfam is seeking a professional Web design company or individuals to develop high-quality artistic design and Web programming to host an upcoming Web edutainment series as part of the Wujood program in East Jerusalem. The result will be an interactive platform with an original visual concept of high aesthetic quality that incorporates messaging in a creative and accessible way, and which embeds videos (30 video episodes and five Behind-The-Scene videos), prints, artwork and sound design. Some of the content –texts, videos, pictures, logo -- will be supplied by Oxfam. Artworks should be designed by the company. The website structure, artistic design and the programming should be subject to a close collaboration between the Web design company and Oxfam. The website should include one online version in Arabic and one Beta version in English will be needed for sign off. The website should be hosted for a minimum of one year.
The Web Edutainment
The web edutainment - a multimedia medium for learning and entertainment - is a new and cost-effective strategy adopted by Oxfam to bring about social change, contributing to positive attitudes and addressing unhealthy attitudes of Palestinian youth in East Jerusalem.
The work consists of 30 web episodes, each of which lasts for 12 minutes, dealing with three main issues that are closely related to the youth in East Jerusalem. The work includes positive examples of young people who are able to cope with the various problems and challenges they face during their daily lives and when making their fateful decisions.
Wujood is an Arabic term that means existence and presence. The term is a depiction of the resilience of Jerusalem’s Palestinian inhabitants who are struggling to claim their right to live in their city and preserve their Palestinian identity.
According to international law, East Jerusalem is an integral part of the Occupied Palestinian Territory. Yet, the Government of Israel implements policies that further fragment and isolate East Jerusalem from the rest of the West Bank as well as from the Gaza Strip. Its residents are subject to discriminatory measures on a daily basis, preventing them from accessing basic services and leading a dignified life. This creates a coercive environment, which directly threatens the right of Palestinians to stay in Jerusalem and significantly erodes the viability of a future Palestinian State, with East Jerusalem as its capital. Through Wujood project Oxfam is dedicated to strengthening the resilience of vulnerable Palestinian communities in East Jerusalem, until a political solution is found to allow them to reclaim their rights.
Wujood- Strengthening the Rights of Vulnerable Communities in East Jerusalem is phase II of this program funded by the EU and co-financed by Oxfam. This multi-sectoral project is implemented by four Palestinian organizations working with Palestinian women, youth, teachers, CBOs and other members of the community. The project aims to strengthen women’s rights, emergency response, economic empowerment for women, and the identity of youth.
Program activities are taking place in some of East Jerusalem’s most vulnerable communities including Silwan, the Old City, Sur Baher, Esawiyyeh, and Al- Tur. Implementing partners include: the Women’s Centre for Legal Aid and Counselling (WCLAC), the Palestinian Medical Relief Society (PMRS), and the Palestinian Counselling Centre (PCC), and the Palestinian Agriculture Development Association (PARC).
Key tasks and deliverables of the design company: The design company is to work closely with Oxfam and external artists and professionals on the design of the web edutainment platform and submit the below products by the listed deadlines. Interested applicants are required to fill in their requested budgets in the empty cells below in EURO excluding VAT:
Service requirements & eligibility
- Private companies, NGOs, and individuals are eligible to apply, subject to availability of official documents of registration in the country/state where located. In addition to availability of tax invoices, tax deduction at source, and Bank details;
- At least 5 years experience web and graphic design production. Experience with web series production and with NGOs is an asset;
- Excellent design sense
- Advanced programming, coding and CMS skills
- Strong graphic design and creative capacity
- Experience in high-quality, high-impact multimedia web design and/ or digital media production
- Strong knowledge of youth Palestinian and East Jerusalem issues is an asset;
- Ability to meet in Jerusalem or in the West Bank.
- Strong English and Arabic language skills, written and spoken;
- Ability to meet strict deadlines;
- Ability to receive feedback, commenting and to revise designs accordingly.
Interested parties should submit their application in a sealed envelope addressed to Simon Trepanier, delivered to the Oxfam office, at the below address: Oxfam Office- 10 Shajaret Al Dor, Beit Hanina. P.O Box 49739, Jerusalem 91491, or Oxfam Office – 2nd floor, Business Center Building, Birzeit Old Road, Ramallah.
Submission Deadline: Delivered by latest 04:00 PM on 15 June 2018.
Contact person: Simon Trepanier, [email protected]
Tel: 02-656-8932 ext. 211
Applications should include:
- CVs and portfolios for each team member (Programmer, artistic and graphic designer) comprising samples of work (links to web productions). Additional designs maybe included in DVD or USB in the sealed envelope.
- The filled budget section in the table above, including VAT,
- Confirmation of availability of registration documents in the country/state where located, and disclosure of availability of Tax invoicing, and tax deduction at source.
A payment plan will be developed upon consultation and agreement with the selected company/individual prior to signing the service contract. Payment instalments will be issued upon receipt of deliverables as agreed between Oxfam and the selected candidate and after submitting an official invoice (VAT or zero VAT invoice).
Price offer should remain valid for 3 months.