Terms of reference
WEB PORTAL CREATION
for the European project
Promoting Governance and Citizenship in Palestine
BACKGROUND and PROJECT DESCRIPTION
The 4 partners have previously collaborated in the “Rural Development Program along Masar Ibrahim” that establishes a trekking route across the West Bank. This program is currently financed by the French Development Agency (AFD), the World Bank, and French local authorities. The Path crosses the West Bank from north to south, passing through towns, villages, encampments and refugee camps, thereby reflecting Palestinian identity in all its diversity and complexity. The first phase of this Program along the Abraham Path, Masar Ibrahim in Arabic, supported by the AFD and French local authorities took place between 2013 and 2016. Its success led to a second phase that has been validated and is being implemented until 2019.
Based on the solid foundations of this existing Program, the 4 Partners have submitted to the European Union (EU) a new complementary project, entitled “Promoting Governance and Citizenship in Palestine”. This new project aims to strengthen Palestinian identity and citizenship through re-appropriation (research, preservation and promotion) of historical and cultural heritage along the Masar Ibrahim.
CONSULTANTS QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
The successful candidate must have:
1. Proven working experience in web programming
2. Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
4. A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
5. Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
6. Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
7. Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
8. Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
9. Familiarity with web standards
10. Working knowledge of website management tools
11. Be skilled in writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy
12. Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic
13. Fluency in spoken and written French is a plus
14. Knowledge of the territory and experience in Middle East culture is a plus
The proposal will include the creation of the deliverables, the presentation time and the fees for transportation/Skype meetings.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit a tender application covering the following:
1. CVs of the expert (s) who will undertake the assignment / or a description of the agency.
2. Document(s) providing evidence of the professional experience in the field(s) selected.
3. Be physically available to deliver the services required over the period mentioned above.
4. A note to describe the different phases of the web portal creation and the methodology of work with the project team.
5. Be able to host the portal infrastructure at maximum for the duration of the contract.
6. Financial proposal which should clearly break down consultancy fees and reimbursable costs (from 9000 to 11000 Euros).
Applications to be sent no later than the 21th May 2018 to Mathilde Blondeau – [email protected] and Maysoun Ramadan – [email protected]
Please, indicate “Communication consultancy UE / project ENI/2017/390-692” as subject of your e-mails.
The contract will be awarded to the tender offering the more relevant proposal, taking into account the specific objectives, requirements. The principles of transparency and equal treatment will be respected with a view to avoiding any conflicts of interest.
Tétraktys http://tetraktys-association.org/ Mathilde Blondeau - Project Manager [email protected]
+33 (0)4 38 70 02 14
ICP – Institute for Community Partnership (Bethlehem University) https://www.bethlehem.edu/icp
Maysoun Ramadan - Project Manager [email protected]
For more information visit: www.pcr.ps/projects/tenders