Upgrading & Redesigning Website
Term of Reference (TOR)
Subject: Upgrading & Redesigning Website
Date of issuance: 25/8/2019
Due Date for submission of offers: 2/9/2019
The Palestinian Businesswomen’s Association - Asala is a Palestinian non-governmental organization (NGO) that was founded in 1997 and registered under the current name in 2001. Asala’s mission is and has always been to provide services that help women in poverty to change their lives, their social position, and their future by enabling and encouraging their successful participation in sustainable economic activities. Until August 2014, Asala provided both small loans, totaling more than USD 35 million, and non-financial services to female micro-entrepreneurs. Following a change in legislation, Asala established itself as two separate legal entities since then, whereby “Asala for Credit and Development delivers financial services and “The Palestinian Businesswomen’s Association – Asala” continues to provide comprehensive and needs-based non-financial services to marginalized women in the West Bank and Gaza Strip. In all its interventions, Asala’s staff and supporters are committed to the e are guided by transparency, credibility, inclusion and innovation. Up to date, Asala has benefited more than 15000 women through its programs, thereby enabling them to create better lives for themselves and their families as well as advancing progressive social change in their communities, which recognizes women’s economic and social rights.
Scope of Work:Asala is working on enhancing that association’s communication capacity to bolster its membership engagement, increase its visibility and amplify its advocacy efforts on behalf of its members. As part of this effort, Asala is planning to upgrade and redesign its current website www.asala-pal.org to a more active and dynamic site that reflects The Palestinian Businesswomen Association’s (Asala) impact. Accordingly, Asala is seeking to contract a web designer to build a site according to following specifications.
The full site will make clear the separation between the two organizations (the microfinance company (MFI) and the nongovernmental organization (NGO) under the Asala brand).
The home or landing page will reflect Asala’s programs clearly and allow site visitors the option of accessing to the services, such as membership application, and participating in Asala’s activities, in addition to sharing their feedback and comments. That must be clear the design and layout of the site pages with the following features
- The site must be bilingual in both Arabic and English.
- Must be linked to Asala’s social media icons (Facebook, Instagram…etc..)
- Email/Newsletter capabilities, including signup where possible
- Mobile Friendly
- Include training for staff on backend management and content uploads
- Include an e-commerce platform with payment option
- Calibrated for effective search engine optimization
- Include space for paid advertisements and sponsors
- Hosted at a reputable services provider
- Secured with the latest security provisions
- Amble storage features
- All source coding if custom designed to be transferred and owned by Asala
The consultant should conceptualize, develop layout, format and design all promotional materials and activities agreed as part of the Asala’s communication Strategy to advertise projects products to target audience and media, banners, billboards, posters, short videos, photo/drawing essays.
The website will also include an Ecommerce platform can help women entrepreneurs market, sell and distribute their products, the consultant should design an ecommerce platform that would allow Asala to market its member’s product online with efficient payment processing options.
The NGO site must contain the new following pages/features
- About us
- Mission, Vision, Strategic Objective, Values
- Staff Photos and brief Bios
- Board of Directors Photos and brief Bios
- Our Impact
- In Figures
- Success Stories
- Recent workshops, events, trainings, fairs, in figures, summaries and photos
- Events Calendar
- News and Media
- Press releases
- Policy Positions
- Media Coverage
- Photo Gallery
- Video Library
- Support Asala
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Employment Opportunities
- Volunteer / Internship Opportunities
- Strategic Partnerships (list partners and invite organization to become partners)
- Join us - Online application
- Membership Criteria
- Membership Services and Categories
- Meet our members (photos and profiles of ASALA members)
Online Store – this is the e-commerce platform that will house members’ products, photos and brief description of the products by category (i.e. Soap, Home Goods, Fashion, Jewelry, etc..)
- The top corner of the site should prominently display Support Us / Join Us Buttons
- There should be revolving banners for sponsors and strategic partners and space made for paid advertisements.
- There should also be a link for a contact and sign up (for newsletter) links with online form
In addition, the website developer will need to provide the following:
- Provide training for staff on how to make the changes to the website’s back-end.
- Provide a user manual for site maintenance and updates.
- Be available to provide support to Asala staff for a period of one year after development of the site. A consulting contract can be developed if assistance is needed beyond that period.
- Ensure search engine optimization
- 4 years of direct professional experience in web page designing.
- Excellent experience in Programming language: ASP.Net,PHP,JSP.
- Excellent experience in database management systems: ORACLE 9i/10g,MySQL
- Has a good creative mind, High grasping power, adaptability to changes.
- Provide a portfolio of developed sites and e-commerce platforms
The Prices should be separated to budgets as follows:
- Hosting and domains. Please specify:
- hosting company
- storage capacities
- Design and development
- Data transfer
- Support and Maintenance
Interested Consultants should submit:
- Technical Proposal
- Explaining your experience in similar assignments, technical approach and methodology of work, team structure (for companies), C.V of consultant/ team members.
- Financial Proposal
- Your price offer should be in USD including VAT.
- Interested Consultants should send their proposal and Price offer to the Palestinian Businesswomen’s Association ASALA Office located Albireh – khalaf trading tower – 2nd floor in sealed and signed envelopes no longer than Monday 2nd of September, 2019 by 3:00 PM.
Khalaf Trade Tower Bldg, 2nd Floor, Al-Bireh, Ramallah
Tel: 02-241-3035, Fax: 02-241-3036
E-mail: [email protected]