Updating MA’AN’s Emergency Policies and Procedures and Devel...
Updating MA’AN’s Emergency Policies and Procedures and Developing Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs)
MA’AN has been working on implementing a project entitled “Innovative response to humanitarian food and water needs in Gaza” in partnership with DCA-NCA.
The project aims at improving resilience, alleviate suffering and enhance preparedness mechanisms of the most vulnerable communities in Gaza including people with special needs. The project will target vulnerable families living in 14 localities served by the family centers of MA’AN and receiving the case management services with proven needs for food, drinking water and urban gardening activities.
Within this project, MA’AN seeks to improve the humanitarian response capacity in Gaza through innovative community-based mechanisms that focus on building the capacities of MA’AN’s humanitarian team and emergency response structures including the partner CBOs, community-based emergency teams and groups of volunteers. MA’AN has a contingency plan that was developed in February 2017 to ensure effective and timely response to the humanitarian needs of affected communities during crisis. The contingency plan shows the different possible emergency scenarios and the recommended response and relevant actions, as well as identifying specifically the role and responsibilities of the emergency response structures. This consultancy aims to strengthen MA’AN’s emergency response capacity through updating MA’AN emergency policies and procedures and developing the standard operating procedures for emergency response, in addition to the relevant emergency response tools and reference documents.
The expected key qualifications for the consulting team:
- At least master’s degree in emergency planning, crisis management or any other relevant field. PhD degree is preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in the relevant field of work (HR, finance, Procurement, etc..), particularly in emergency settings.
- At least 7 years of experience in working in emergency management and humanitarian projects.
- Extensive emergency operational experience combined with excellent policy and procedure writing skills.
- Extensive experience in emergency planning and management in protracted crisis and solid knowledge about humanitarian principles and SPHERE standards.
- Demonstrated and strong understanding of humanitarian standards, right to participation, organizational capacity development, international humanitarian law and Human Rights, especially in relation to emergency response and preparedness.
- Good reporting, writing, and communication skills.
- Ability to develop concrete methodology and timeframe for delivering the required consultancy service within the specified duration.
- Interested consultant firm should review the full ToR for this consultancy and can get a copy from it from MAAN-Gaza Office from 13th September 2018 – 19th September 2018 and submit offer in two sealed envelopes; one for the technical offer and another one for the financial offer by 20th September 2018 (before 12:00 pm) at MA’AN Development Center office in Gaza, Palestine (Haidar Abd Al Shafi Square,Al Motaz 2 Building –Ground Floor Next to Blood Bank Building, Tel.: 08-2823712) .
- The awarded Consultant of this offer will be required to pay for the cost of this advertisement.
- Offers will be assessed first on their technical merit using the evaluation criteria below. Only technical scores of at least 70 points will qualify for the financial review. The financial offer weight is 30% from the total weight while the technical offer is 70% of the total weight.
- Financial Offer must be in USD including VAT Invoice.