Request for offers
Re-advertisement Offer Title: Translation/Interpretation/Proofreading services
Previous and new bidders are requested to re-submit their bids for consideration
Offer Reference: RAM/2018/ADM/YM/279
Offers received between (dates): 26 June 2018-10 July 2018
Offers received between (Hours): 08:00 - 16:00
Proposed validity of price offers: 31 December 2019
UNESCO Ramallah office wishes to enter into a Long Term Arrangement (LTA) with organizations\Individuals for providing translation/interpretation/proofreading services on a need basis for official UN documents, meetings, workshops and conferences.
Based on the below Terms of Reference, UNESCO Ramallah office would like to request a price offer using the exact format in the table below:
- Translate documents and texts from English to Arabic and Arabic to English within the areas listed below:
- Legal Documents
- General Documents
- Reproduction as accurate as possible, preserving the meaning of the source text and in line with the terminology used in the text of the UNESCO Convention/s.
- If the terminology used in the Arabic version is not in line with those of the conventions, the translator should suggest the alternative words, closest to the text of the conventions and its Operational Guidelines.
- Communicative, expressing all aspects of the meaning in a way that is readily understandable to the intended audience by using excellent language, vocabulary, expression and grammar as well as all relevant terminology.
- Ensuring quality check and proofreading of translation.
- Provide simultaneous interpretation services (English to Arabic and Arabic to English) during meetings, conferences, workshops.
- Provide the simultaneous interpretation systems including the interpreter booth (Mixer, sound system, headset receivers for participants and interpreters, microphones for interpreters and for participants, transmission system).
- Proofreading documents and texts in English and Arabic.
Selection Criteria and Qualifications:
All original proposals for offer are to be dated, stamped and signed on each page, enclosed in a sealed envelope and delivered BY HAND or scanned to pdf and sent by email with the heading:
‘’Translation and Interpretation Services’’ to:
The Finance and Administrative Officer, UNESCO Ramallah
(Address: 35 Al – Ahliya College Street Ramallah, Palestine)
Received, by the deadline date and time, subject to the following:
“All the goods/services to be provided under the terms of this offer are available and the company/individual holds a bank account in the same name as indicated on the letterhead or offer”