Training and Capacity Building
REQUEST FOR CONSULTANSY
Civil Society Programme
TRAINING AND CAPACITY BUILDING
ActionAid has launched a 4-year Civil Society programme in Bethlehem and Hebron Governorates in 2018 with funding from DANIDA through ActionAid Denmark. ActionAid is requesting qualified consulting firms/individuals with relevant expertise in supporting and building the capacity of young people in youth councils in Bethlehem and Hebron to analyse, monitor and document IHL/IHRL violations through implementation of initiatives that will be focusing on decreasing the core human rights violations in Palestine particularly among youth- including 1) IHL/IHRL violations; 2) service provisions; 3) youth civic and political engagement at community, Municipality and Governorate level.
The assignment shall be conducted between Sept 24, 2018 to October 30, 2018. Specific level of effort for the consultant/s will be based on the agreed workplan that will be finalized with the contract.
QUALIFICATIONS OF CONSULTANT/FIRM
- Demonstrated experience in international humanitarian Law programs, youth empowerment, civils and political rights, women’s rights, and social accountability.
- Demonstrated 5 years of experience in the design and delivery of capacity building trainings in the subject matter for local and international humanitarian and development agencies.
- In depth knowledge and experience in developing and/or using participatory training methods, namely those PRA, PVA and the like.
- Demonstrated staff capacity to design, deliver and implement similar trainings/ initiatives with high competences in programme framework, monitoring and evaluation and capacity strengthening.
Consultants/firms that meet the requirements should submit expression of interest, which should include the following:
- Cover letter including the consultant’s/firm’s suitability for the assignment and current contact information
- Technical offer; detailed response to TORs, with specific focus addressing the purpose and objectives of the assignment, methodology to be used and key selection criteria (max. 5 pages)
- Financial offer; detailed budget breakdown based on expected daily rates and initial work plan
PREREQUISITIES FOR ACCEPTING FINIANICAL OFFERS
- Prices are inclusive of value added tax for establishments officially registered with the Ministry of Finance; while for individuals and non-profit institutions, the offered prices will be subject to a 5% deduction for income tax.
- Official registered applicants must submit a deduction from source certificate along with the offer.
- Prices are to be submitted in USD and are valid for 30 days starting from the applications’ closing date.
- The quotation must be detailed and based on the work mechanism proposed by the consultant.
- The quotation Opening Committee is not bound by the lowest prices.
Interested applicant/s can obtain the Assignment Terms of Reference by contacting the Civil Society Program Coordinator on 0598988665 or send an e mail at [email protected] starting from Thursday 6th of Sept until Tuesday 11th of Sept 2018.
All offers (financial and technical) must be delivered in closed and sealed envelope no later than Monday, September 17th, 2018 at 12:00 pm to the address of Action Aid office in Hebron, Behind Taj Mahal Hall. Note that no applications will be accepted after this date and time.