Palestinian Civil Society Platforms: A Vehicle for Grassroots Civil Society Development and Policy Influence
Terms of Reference
Position: Short term consultancy for conducting a strategic planning process for Palestinian Non- Governmental Organization Network (PNGO) for the period of (2020-2023).
Period: December, 2019
- ORGANIZATIONAL BACKGROUND
Palestinian Non-Governmental Organizations Network plays a pivotal role in policy development and advocating for Palestinian rights. At present, PNGO boasts of 144 national NGOs in Gaza, West Bank including East Jerusalem that work across sectors in different development and humanitarian fields.
PNGO is a coordination body for the various sectors in Palestine with the purpose of strengthening the Palestinian Civil Society and contributing to the establishment of a Palestinian independent state based on principles of democracy, social justice, rule of law, tolerance, and respect of human rights through networking, building-up the capacity of NGOs, developing information management center and mainstreaming of society concerns into policies, plans and programs.
- PURPOSE FOR CONSULTANCY
Objective of the Strategic Planning process:
The overall objective of this assignment is to develop basic elements of a strategic direction for the upcoming three years (2020 to 2023) for PNGO. In specific the consultant should work on;
- Developing a strategic plan is mainly to: revisit/ define mission, vision, values and strategy.
- Define strategic priorities (Goals, objectives and results) and action plans.
- Develop an effective monitoring and evaluation framework and Risk Assessment Plan.
- Develop a fundraising strategy
The Strategic planning process will also rely of the learning’s and recommendations generated from the evaluation process conducted. The process is expected to take place in December, 2019.
- Scope of Work
The scope of work for the Consultant will include but not be limited to the following:
- Desk Review for the organizational documents, relating to the structure, finances, staff, management, history, activities, projects, evaluation findings and policies of PNGO so as to identify current status of the organization.
- Review the vision and mission based on PNGO mandate.
- Undertake stakeholder mapping and analysis.
- Undertake a situation analysis and SWOT analysis including analysis of alignment to National Governmental plans.
- Through a consultative process and application of an appropriate tool of analysis, identify focus areas and develop strategic objectives and key result areas.
- Review the current organization’s structure and capacity against the PNGO mandate and the identified strategic objectives and key result areas; and make recommendations, if any.
- Propose a strategy and an implementation plan for achieving the strategic objectives and key results.
- Develop a Monitoring and Evaluation Framework for the plan period.
- Develop a Risk Assessment Plan
- Develop a fundraising strategy.
- Hold stakeholder meeting(s) to validate the draft Strategic Plan.
- Submit the Strategic plan (draft and final) to PNGO.
- DELIVERABLES AND TIMELINE
- A three-year basic strategic plan in English including all section mentioned above.
- Monitoring and Evaluation Framework for the plan period.
- Fundraising plan.
- Report on the process including stakeholder consultations and workshops.
Timeline and level of effort:
This assignment is expected to be carried out during December, 2019, so that the final and approved version should be ready before 31st of December, 2019. The estimated level of effort for this assignment is 12 working days.
STRATEGIC PLANNING TEAM QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in the human rights, management, planning, development studies or a related social science field.
- At least five years professional experience in strategic planning and management
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in writing in English
- Ability to deliver quality reports/analysis and results in line with established deadlines
- In-depth knowledge of the situation in Palestine.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with a human rights-based approach to programming.
- Evidence of having undertaken similar assignments
- Excellent facilitation and coordination skills
- Fluency in Arabic and English.
Interested and eligible candidates should submit the following below by December, 4th 2019:
- Technical proposal: outlining the preliminary approach and the suggested proposal for implementing the assignment in relation to the TOR (maximum 5 pages)
- Financial proposal: outlining the level of effort and budget of the assignment. (maximum one page)
- CV (s)
- One example of previous and similar work is an added value.
Price offer submission:
The deadline for submitting the quotation is on Wednesday 4/12/2019 at 12:00 pm in the sealed envelope entitled "Palestinian NGO Network - PNGO" and the offer number and delivery date.
Tender Delivery Address: Ramallah - Network Office - Al Irsal - Emil Toma Street - Zahrat Al Masyaf Building, floor (-1).