Social Inclusion Advisory Services
Social Inclusion Advisory Services
Tender Number: G.FS.OXFAM.PTIB39.058.2018
MA’AN in partnership with OXFAM started the implementation of SIDA funded program titled “Developing Equitable Agricultural Production and Market Systems for Resilient Economic Development in the occupied Palestinian Territory”.
The overall objective of this program is to contribute to resilient and equitable agricultural growth from which small scale women and men producers will benefit in the oPt. The specific objective is to increase the wellbeing and income of women and men engaged in small-scale agriculture in vulnerable communities through improved agricultural and market systems in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip.
MAAN is currently seeking for a competent and qualified – Social Inclusion Adviser. The main role of the adviser is to support promoting the women role models who will be engaged in activities aiming at raising awareness on gender and rights, and countering negative stereotypes focusing on the important role of women in contributing to the agricultural sector. The adviser will also support strengthening and promoting the role of rural women in their communities as key contributors to build sustainable livelihoods, with the following minimum qualifications :
- 5-7 years of progressive experience working in social inclusion, women empowerment and gender mainstreaming preferably with national and/or International NGOs.
- Relevant education background from recognized university is required, master’s degree is preferred.
- Proven ability to provide strategic direction and management support including a successful track record of interaction with senior professionals to drive change outcomes, resolve issues and build consensus.
- High level of emotional intelligence and experience in working with women from marginalized communities in order to meaningfully guide and engage women throughout the intervention.
- Ability to motivate, mentor and influence others.
- Ability to work independently.
- Critical thinking, creative thinker in problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners and targeted communities.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Mature work practices, highly motivated and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Excellent reporting skills in both English & Arabic.
Interested consultant (Individuals not firms) should review the full ToR for this consultancy and can get a copy from it from MAAN-Gaza Office from 23rd September 2018 – 27th September 2018 and submit offer in two sealed envelopes; one for the technical offer and another one for the financial offer by 30th September 2018 (before 12:00 pm) at MA’AN Development Center office in Gaza, Palestine (Haidar Abd Al Shafi Square,Al Motaz 2 Building –Ground Floor Next to Blood Bank Building, Tel.: 08-2823712)
- The awarded Consultant of this offer will be required to pay for the cost of this advertisement.
- Offers will be assessed first on their technical merit using the evaluation criteria below. Only technical scores of at least 70 points will qualify for the financial review. The financial offer weight is 30% from the total weight while the technical offer is 70% of the total weight.
- Financial Offer must be in USD excluding VAT.