Social Inclusion Adviser
Social Inclusion Adviser
MA’AN in partnership with OXFAM started the implementation of SIDA funded program titled “Developing Equitable Agricultural Production and Market Systems for Resilient Economic Development in the occupied Palestinian Territory”.
The overall objective of this program is to contribute to resilient and equitable agricultural growth from which small scale women and men producers will benefit in the oPt. The specific objective is to increase the wellbeing and income of women and men engaged in small-scale agriculture in vulnerable communities through improved agricultural and market systems in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip.
MAAN is currently seeking for a competent and qualified – Social Inclusion Adviser. The main role of the adviser is to support promoting the women role models who will be engaged in activities aiming at raising awareness on gender and rights, and countering negative stereotypes focusing on the important role of women in contributing to the agricultural sector. The adviser will also support strengthening and promoting the role of rural women in their communities as key contributors to build sustainable livelihoods.
The adviser will manage set of activities to support change in perceptions about the women’s traditional roles in the farms and their involvement in the targeted value chains, through developing case studies, media coverage, farms exchange visits, and community level events. The adviser expects to execute the following tasks:
- Lead the design and implementation of the awareness and communication activities,
- Profile the women role models emerging from the intervention activities. This will take the form of case studies, videos and articles,
- Collect learning, specifically around what makes for a good gender champion or role model within the agriculture sector, and what the best process is to foster these role models and promote their influence in the community,
The service provider must have the minimum following qualifications :
- 5-7 years of progressive experience working in social inclusion, communication activities, women empowerment and gender mainstreaming preferably with national and/or International NGOs.
- Relevant education background from recognized university is required, master’s degree is preferred.
- Proven ability to provide strategic direction and management support.
- High level of experience in working with women from marginalized communities.
- Ability to motivate, mentor and influence others.
- Ability to work independently.
- Critical thinking, creative thinker in problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners and targeted communities.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Mature work practices, highly motivated and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Excellent reporting skills in both English & Arabic.
Interested consultant should review the full ToR for this consultancy and can get a copy from it from MAAN-Gaza Gaza strip from 20th February 2019 – 27th February 2019 and submit offer in two sealed envelopes; one for the technical offer and another one for the financial offer by 28th February 2019 (before 12:00 pm) at MA’AN Development Center office in Gaza, Palestine (Haidar Abd Al Shafi Square,Al Motaz 2 Building –Ground Floor Next to Blood Bank Building, Tel.: 08-2823712)
- The awarded consultant of this offer will be required to pay for the cost of this advertisement.
- Financial Offer must be in USD , Excluding VAT
- A Pre-bid meeting to respond to any questions will be on Monday 25th February 2019 at 10:00 AM in MAAN – Gaza Office.