MA’AN in partnership with OXFAM started the implementation of SIDA funded program titled “Developing Equitable Agricultural Production and Market Systems for Resilient Economic Development in the occupied Palestinian Territory”.
The overall objective of this program is to contribute to resilient and equitable agricultural growth from which small scale women and men producers will benefit in the oPt. The specific objective is to increase the wellbeing and income of women and men engaged in small-scale agriculture in vulnerable communities through improved agricultural and market systems in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip.
MAAN is currently seeking for a competent and qualified Social Counselor for the social inclusion intervention. The intervention will target 5 women farmers from Khuza’a locality with medium level of education. The intervention is meant to support and promote group of women farmers as gender champions or role models supporting to encourage women farmers’ participation and empowerment in the agricultural value chains. The existence of such role models can help in changing some of the stereotypes about women success as farmers managing farms with full autonomy and control over resources. This step should be part of a comprehensive approach targeting the farming community to help women overcome the social and cultural barriers hindering their equitable participation in agricultural value chains. This shall influence the community perception to recognize, accept, and support women as farmers outside the domain of family farms under which women are typically unpaid family workers with little autonomy. The intervention applies a new modality of group farming in which group of rural women encouraged to lease agricultural land collectively, pool their skills and efforts, pool their financial resources, and manage the model farm collectively. With the minimum qualifications :
- 5-7 years of progressive experience as a professional counsellor with national and/or International NGOs.
- Relevant education background from recognized university is required,
- High level of emotional intelligence and experience in working with women from marginalized communities,
- Ability to work independently.
- Critical thinking, creative thinker in problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners and targeted communities.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Mature work practices, highly motivated and demonstrate sound judgment.
Interested consultant individuals not firms should review the full ToR for this consultancy and can get a copy from it from MAAN-Gaza Gaza strip from 16th December 2018 – 20th December 2018 and submit offer in two sealed envelopes; one for the technical offer and another one for the financial offer by 20th December 2018 (before 12:00 pm) at MA’AN Development Center office in Gaza, Palestine (Haidar Abd Al Shafi Square,Al Motaz 2 Building –Ground Floor Next to Blood Bank Building, Tel.: 08-2823712)
- The awarded consultant of this offer will be required to pay for the cost of this advertisement.
- Financial Offer must be in USD , Excluding VAT