Self-Care Consultant (Trainer)
TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR)
Service Provision (Individuals or companies)
TOT Training Plan
1. BACKGROUND INFORMATION
Médicos del Mundo “Doctors of the World” MdM Spain is an independent association that works to make the right to health effective for all people, especially for vulnerable populations, excluded or affected by natural disasters, famines, diseases, armed conflicts or political violence. Our projects are carried out both in Spain and in 19 countries in America, Africa, the Middle East and Europe. The volunteers and professionals who are part of our organization have as their main mission to work to achieve compliance with the fundamental right to health and the enjoyment of a dignified life for anyone.
MdM Spain in the Gaza Strip:
Over than 2 million Palestinians live in the Gaza Strip, one of the most densely populated territories in the world. Nearly 14 years of blockade and recurrent outbreaks of hostilities have eroded basic infrastructure, service delivery, livelihoods and coping mechanisms. The permanent scarcity of electricity (8 hours of electricity followed by 12 hours of cut), the shortages of drugs and disposables in the health facilities, the difficulties of entering medical equipment and materials as well as the lack of trained staff that cannot exit the Strip have an impact on the Gaza health system.
Since 2006, MdM Spain has been implementing various actions with local partners in the Gaza Strip. In a territory beset by chronic crises, political instability, and a declining economic and social situation since the second intifada in 2000, MdM Spain aims to reinforce the access to quality medical, mental health and psychosocial emergency responses; to make structural improvements to affected population’s lives.
MdM Spain is partnering with Ministry of Health (MoH) and Ministry of education and higher education (MoEHE); besides other national organizations.
The staff care activities is a technical support within the following fund projects: Ayuntamiento de Barcelona, Spanish agency for International Development Cooperation (AECID), & city council GIJÓN/XIXÓN under the Call for grants for Non-Governmental Organizations, for the implementation of projects in the field of Development Cooperation . The named activities will run through the collaboration of an external consultant that will work on the preparation and realization of the below components.
- The MoH, MoEHE, & MdM Spain professionals to be able to understand and assess continuously their psychological situation and wellbeing in relation to the context in which they are operating.
- Be able to provide self-care sessions for beneficiaries in MoH & MoEHE
- Learn to use set of tools designed to empower themselves and others, implement simple and sustainable self-care practices, as well as support others in implementation.
- Upon basic training completion in self-care, the professionals to be encouraged to apply the knowledge acquired and implement on regular basis the proposed activities and tools to help them monitor their psychological well-being and take actions to reduce their stress without depending on an external actor (consultant).
- To be able to provide self-care sessions, as peer support for their colleagues working in the same context.
- The MoH, MoEHE & MdM Spain professionals learn, understand and analyze technical, cultural appropriate theoretical and practical knowledge that frames self-care in emergencies and complex crisis environments.
- The professionals are able to self-design, but also promote to other people the design of personalized self-care personalized toolkits.
- The professionals gain an in depth understanding of self-care, psychoeducation and stress management as a form of support, but also intervention, through the presentation and analysis of challenging cases.
- Development of complete and innovative training material on self-care and stress management technique, including definition of content, exercises, checklists, wellbeing scales, supportive material handouts, power points etc., as a result of the capacity building process and work with the professionals.
- Development of a peer support guidance document as a general frame to be adapted in health and education setting in Gaza Strip, following a joint effort methodology of the work with the professionals and outcomes of the training sessions.
If you have related experience and interested please Click Here to check the TOR document.