Request for Consultancy Service Provider for a project
Terms of Reference
Request for Consultancy Service Provider for the project
“Innovation and ICT sector Development as a Tool for Peace and Prosperity in Palestine”
The Palestinian Information Technology Association of Companies (PITA) and The Palestine Information and Communication Technology Incubator (PICTI), in partnership with the United Nations Development Programme / Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People (UNDP/PAPP), and the Government of Japan and in corporation with the Ministry of Agriculture and The Ministry of Telecom and Information Technology, are aiming to support the Palestinian economic growth by strengthening the productivity and efficiency of the agricultural sector.
The project aims to contribute to enhancing innovative and ICT-related solutions for the economic development by enhancing and strengthening young leaders and entrepreneurs to be engaged in the social innovation and the AgriTech development.
Therefore, The Ja-Pal’s DigiBiz Solution initiative was launched to provide the opportunity for young leaders and entrepreneurs to compete for their innovative solutions.
Agritech, also known as Agtech, comprises technological innovations and capabilities that change how food and other agricultural products are grown, harvested, packaged, stored, transported, processed and sold - making the farm-to-table process more efficient, sustainable and safe.
This RFP provides instructions to Consultancy Service Providers to aid Offerors in the preparation of their proposals. The instructions shall not form part of the contract. However, the Statement of Work will form part of the contract.
Duties and Responsibilities
Expected Outcome, Results, Deliverables
Assessment of institutions, Startups & companies
- Map out Palestinian Agritech institutions, Startups and companies investing in Agritech;
- Map out innovative initiatives, startups and companies in Agritech;
Promotion of AgriTech
- Conduct multi-stakeholder consultations with relevant establishments including startups to promote Agri Tech potential;
- Encourage innovation and investment in Agritech;
- Create a vision for the sector that will encompass key determinants such as innovation and sustainability; exploitation of opportunities to develop and adopt new and existing technologies, products and services to increase productivity; and contribute to expansion into local and international markets.
- Conduct a three days’ workshop to
- Introduce Agritech concept, taxonomy and technologies implemented in AgriTech
- Highlight and stress the importance of Agritech industry development in Palestine;
- The board spectrum of possible Investment opportunities in the AgriTech industry in Palestine;
- Submit a final report to encompass findings and recommendations
Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Telecom & Info.Tech, educational Institutions, IT/ICT Companies, entrepreneurs & startups in Agritech
Methodology & Action plan
The detailed methodology and action plan will be part of the proposal to be submitted by the Consultants. However, being learning, a baseline and a strategy making process will involve interactive and participatory approaches where PITA and the project interlocuters will be at the center of the whole process.
The assignment is planned to start from 1st September 2019 to 14th October to cover above mentioned deliverables
Palestine: The consultant must have the ability to conduct all the required tasks, the research, data collection, and analysis in the West Bank.
Required Skills and Experience
- A Master Degree in Agriculture, Business, IT or a degree in the related fields.
- Extensive experience in data collection and data analysis.
- Experience in AgriTech technological solutions.
- Previous experience in working with companies in the ICT and the Agricultural Sector, faculties of agriculture in different universities and professors and experts in the AgriTech field
- Experience in facilitating and moderating several workshops.
- Experience in the Palestinian farming community and AgriTech Development.
- High skills level in preparing reports and training material and outlines.
- Be able to comply with the required or proposed delivery or performance schedule, taking into consideration all existing commitments.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral Arabic and English) are an essential requirement.
Submission and Proposal Deadline
Offerors must submit a Call for Proposals and Price Quotation in a sealed envelope to the following address no later than 27th August 2019
Ramallah : Ougarit Bldg. - 3rd Fl., Al-Irsal
Interested consultants (individuals) should submit a technical proposal in English including:
- Profile of the lead consultant and of any other member of the team if any (max 1 page) explaining why he/she/they are the most suitable for the work base on relevant experience for this concrete consultancy (max. 1 page).
- Brief methodology and conceptual framework with expected deliverable scheme/outline and timelines, team composition, work plan, etc. (max. 3 pages).
- Recent CV(s).
Selection criteria (Technical 60%, Financial 40%)
The consultant will work under the supervision of PITA team working on this initiative. Relevant meetings for collaboration and review of work will be built into the final timeline and assignment.
Instructions for the Preparation of the Cost Proposal
Any award under this RFP will use a fixed price purchase order. This means that an Offeror must be prepared to complete the required tasks and responsibilities. The consultants should provide tax invoices and a certificate of deduction from source to claim payment. Prices should be in US Dollars and clearly show the VAT. The Quotation should be prepared in English Language.