Consultancy- Projection Expert
REQUEST FOR CONSULTANCY
Consultancy- Projection Expert
Working title: Manual Development and Training Expert – PASSI porject
- BACKGROUND INFORMATION
ActionAid Palestine (AAP), through funding from the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation, and in cooperation with ActionAid Italy and CESVI foundation, is implementing a 12-month project entitled: “Protection, Water, Health and Hygienic Health for vulnerable population in Area C” Project in Hebron governorates. The overall objective for this project is to “contribute to the protection and guarantee the dignity of the most vulnerable Palestinian population”
The project’s RESULT 1 aims at improving access and use of water and sanitation systems at HH and community level. In that regard and as part of ActionAid Palestine continuous efforts to supporting and training teacher and educators to integrate topics on WASH and diseases prevention (including Covid 19 infection).
- PURPOSE & RATIOANALE
There is sufficient evidence to proclaim the importance of personal and community hygiene. With the devastating effects of COVID-19 across the world, it is apparent that the need for the maintenance of personal and community hygiene arises. A previous study showed that an increase in everyday hygiene reduces the risk of common infections by 50 per cent.
And thus, the rationale for this consultancy is to develop a manual for the hygiene-based diseases among school children and best practices to maintain health.
Based on the objectives outlined in this ToR, the Manual Development and training expert will devise a proposed methodology that is participatory, inclusive, and evidence-based, together with a timeline and a financial proposal.
The assignment shall be conducted between February - April 2023. Specific level of effort for the consultant will be based on the agreed workplan that will be finalized with the contract.
- QUALIFICATIONS OF CONSULTANT
- Academic degree in one or more of the areas of medicine, public health, environmental science or relevant field.
- Proved experience in health education/ working with the education sector.
- Developed related similar materials and hygiene-based diseases.
- Understanding of the Palestinian context and diversity.
- At least 5 years professional experience in the 4 targeted communities in area C
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and to meet quality results in a timely fashion
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to produce high quality advisory reports.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Time flexible and able to work under pressure
- Ability to travel to the communities and conduct field visits and meetings. (Considering COVID-19 situation)
- APPLICATION PROCESS
Experts that meet the requirements should submit expression of interest, which should include the following:
- Cover letter including the expert’s suitability for the assignment and current contact information
- Curriculum Vitae with relevant consultancy experience as stated in the QUALIFICATION section.
- At least 2 recommendation letters from former clients that testify the applicant/s experience and performance in conducting such consultancies in area c.
- Include 1-2 samples of previous work
- Technical offer: respond to the call for consultancy TOR, showing the expert/s understanding of the assignment and how this can be taken forward.
- Financial offer: detailed budget breakdown based on expected daily rates in USD and initial work plan.
Prerequisites for accepting Consultants Financial offer:
- Prices must be VAT exempted (Zero VAT) for registered firms / consultants. Otherwise 5% income tax deduction from the total cost for local individuals who are not registered at official quarters.
- Prices must be in US Dollars valid for 30 days from the closing date of proposal submission.
- Prices must include all expenses related to this consultancy e.g. travel, stationary, per diems…etc
- Official registered applicants must submit a valid deduction from source certificate along with the offer.
All offers must be submitted in a sealed and stamped envelopes no later than the 26th of January 2023 to ActionAid Palestine office in As Salam St. Hebron. ActionAid Palestine is keen to provide equal opportunities for all. The experts/firms will be selected according to the above qualifications, and only awarded applicant will be contacted.
Interested applicant can obtain the Term of Reference by sending an e-mail to [email protected] from the 20th of January 2023 till the 26th of January 2023 excluding Sunday and Friday between 9:00 AM to 03:00 PM. Please indicate this in the mail subject [Manual Development and Training Expert].
ActionAid offers equal opportunities for all. ActionAid Palestine is committed to SHEA (Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse) and safeguarding overarching principles.
ActionAid is committed to Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy