Provision of Capacity Building Programs for CSOs, SHGs & Mun...
Terms of Reference
Provision of Capacity Building Programs for CSOs, SHGs & Municipalities staff
Quotation No. 16.2021
Background about Bayader
Bayader for Environment & Development (Bayader) is a non – government organization established in 2007 aiming to develop the Palestinian community and society in child protection & education, development and institution building, community development, economic empowerment & civic participation and emergency response & early recovery.
Bayader is working in the field of community initiatives mainly in non-profit activities with community.
For more information about Bayader, www.bayader.ps
Bayader has a long-term and strategic partnership with Islamic Relief- Palestine office in Gaza (IRPAL), whereby Bayader was the responsible for implementing a range of projects and initiatives, and collaborating with IRPAL in mutual objectives. Since April 2021, Bayader is the implementing local partner with IRPAL under a project entitled “Strengthening the role of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and Municipalities towards Environment Protection in the Gaza Strip”. The project is funded by Islamic Relief- Sweden by a grant from Sida (the Swedish International Development Cooperating Agency), through ForumCiv (Swedish non-profit organization), and it will end in December 2022.
Objectives of the Assignment
Bayader aims to engage a local training company to undertake the assignment as per this TOR. The purpose of this assignment is to build the capacity and increase the technical knowledge and skills of four targeted groups in the project (Bayader, CSOs, SHGs &Municipalities), in order to achieve the sub-goal1 and sub-goal2 of the project against the project logical framework, and more broadly will serve as a key point for reflection on the sub-goal3 and on the overall progress of the project. More specifically, the training company is expected to:
- Develop customized and practical training content/curriculum of the training courses based on the currently developed modules in the pre-established training needs assessment (TNA), while covering a range of topics under the Human Rights Based Approach (HRBA) and mainstreaming the environment across all the capacity building activities.
- Conduct the training programs that will build the capacity and skills of the four targeted groups while providing the necessary mentoring for the participant to ensure capacities built are capitalized in developing policy influencing strategies, advocacy tools and key messages, behavior change communication materials ...etc.
- Measure Changes in the capacity of the target groups through regular evaluation and performance assessments against all objectives and indicators in the baseline. For the capacity building programs to be considered a success, it is important to measure concrete improvements in the capacity of the target groups.
The training consultants/experts will be expected to understand the project’s theory of Change and approach which will further inform the focus and approach of the capacity building programs, while ensuring that all relevant stakeholder views are reflected and integrated into the process.
How to Apply:
- Please submit your technical and financial proposal (hard copy) in separate sealed envelopes mentioning “Technical Proposal” and “Financial Proposal” on the top of respective envelopes; in addition to a cover letter, by Monday 26/07/2021 (14:00h at the latest) at the following address: Bayader, Bani Suhaila, Haifa St. Abu Lehyia building, 4th floor.
- Following submission, Bayader may engage in further discussion with applicants concerning quotations in order to ensure mutual understanding and an optimal agreement.
- For any issues relating to the quotation, its contents or to the training modules, please email directly to [email protected] or contact at mobile: 059-214-0173 from 10:00 am to 15:00 pm daily. Friday and Saturday are days-off.
- We are aiming to select the consultant by 28th July 2021, and start the contract on 1st August 2021. The deadline for submitting the final training report will be 14th January 2022.
- Any Proposal received after the due date will be rejected.