Providing Training on Urban Gardening for urban gardening cl...
Providing Training on Urban Gardening for urban gardening club members
MA’AN has been working on implementing a project entitled “Innovative response to humanitarian food and water needs in Gaza” in partnership with DCA-NCA.
The project aims at improving resilience, alleviate suffering and enhance preparedness mechanisms of the most vulnerable communities in Gaza including people with special needs. The project will target vulnerable families living in 14 localities served by the family centers of MA’AN and receiving the case management services with proven needs for food, drinking water and urban gardening activities.
The objective of the TOR is to provide hands-on training on urban gardening for 43 members of 8 agricultural clubs formed by MA’AN to support the protection, improvement and sustainability of 8 demo sites established in different places in the Gaza Strip. The club members will receive small urban gardening units after the training and will be responsible for managing, sustaining and upgrading the demo sites and providing support for MA’AN agronomists during the implementation of the relevant activities .The expected key qualifications for the consulting team:
- Academic qualification in Agriculture. Master's degree and above is a credit;
- At least 5 years of experience in working in the agriculture sector;
- At least 3 years of proven experience in conducting similar trainings;
- Proven experience in urban gardening and implementing relevant projects.
Interested firms should review the full ToR for this consultancy and can get a copy from it from MAAN-Gaza Office from 4th September 2018 – 9th September 2018 and submit offer in two sealed envelopes; one for the technical offer and another one for the financial offer by 9th September 2018 (before 12:00 pm) at MA’AN Development Center office in Gaza, Palestine (Haidar Abd Al Shafi Square,Al Motaz 2 Building –Ground Floor Next to Blood Bank Building, Tel.: 08-2823712) .
- The awarded Consultant of this offer will be required to pay for the cost of this advertisement.
- Offers will be assessed first on their technical merit using the evaluation criteria below. Only technical scores of at least 70 points will qualify for the financial review. The financial offer weight is 30% from the total weight while the technical offer is 70% of the total weight.
- Financial Offer must be in USD