Advertisement for Proposal Writing
The Stars of Hope Society (SHS) has been established in response to the high levels of discrimination against women with disabilities combined with the lack of relevant organizations. SHS was founded in 2007 to address the needs of women with disabilities and to support them in attaining their rights. Since its establishment, SHS has been devoted to raising the public awareness towards the realities, predicaments, and needs of women with disabilities. Thus promoting equal opportunities in education, employment, and as well as eliminating discrimination based on gender and disability.
SHS is receiving requests and looking to submit programme proposals. The proposals have to draw upon lessons learnt from past & ongoing funded projects.
Therefore, SHS is looking for a consultant to work with SHS team to develop a well-tailored, concerted plans and proposals.
Objectives of the Assignment:
The consultant will be contracted to either write and lead on the development of a compelling, evidence based proposals for SHS to donors; or he/she will be requested to review and finalize completed written proposals by SHS team.
Scope of Services and Tasks:
The scope of the service entails the following;
- Developing full proposals & leading the process:
- Manages the full end-to-end application process, of planning, developing and writing the proposals, through to its finalisation, authorisation and ultimately their it’s submission.
- Leads on development of the proposals narratives; actively bids writing where required.
- Manages the process of writing the application, but is not solely responsible for writing all content or for correcting / improving technical content contributions to make it fit for purpose; but rather:
- Takes information provided by the individual contributors (technical and or otherwise) in the proposal team and helps build it into a consistent proposal ‘one voice’.
- Identifies and tailors any available pre-written content.
- Work with SHS funding specialist, financial team and others to develop and/or finalize the programme budget.
- Support and guide staff with key stakeholders to ensure that the programme design and application integrates expertise from all relevant actors/sectors, including private sector, social ventures, academia, institutes, government departments, and others as needed.
- Reviewing & proofreading of written proposals:
- Completes a detailed technical review of the proposed technical offering – i.e. is employing appropriate models, systems and solutions that present a clear methodological approach, meets the donor requirements for outcomes and impact
- Identifies specific areas for improvement, for minimising risk and for maximising the likelihood of the submission being successful
Deliverables per consultancy:
- Work plan for donors proposals
- A high quality, timely, credible, winnable final proposal and budget that meet donors and SHS programme quality and cost recovery requirements.
The work will be done in collaboration with SHS team that will provide technical inputs and expertise. The final submission will be signed off by SHS senior management, along with authorised signatories based on SHS’s internal sign off process for bids.
Lines of Communications:
The consultant will report to SHS Executive Director and will work closely with the Fundraising team.
Qualifications and Experience:
SHS is looking for a long term consultant, to be contracted upon each call for proposal, with extensive knowledge and experience in successful proposal/bid development, ideally, the consultant will have at least five years of successful bid writing and development experience, specifically with institutional donors in humanitarian and development sectors.
The consultant should have a strong background in, and understanding of, disability, gender and protection.
- Track record of leading on successful bid/proposal development.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Excellent written English.
- Experience of writing successful proposals.
- Knowledge and understanding of human rights-based approach to disability, and strategies of disability mainstreaming
- Demonstrable experience of publishing technical, policy, or programmatic outputs
Deadline for application: Sunday 19 August 2018, 23:59 PM
Qualified candidates are requested to apply their technical and financial offer through [email protected]
The offer should contain:
- CV and cover letter including relevant work experience and qualifications;
- Chart listing most recent projects you wrote, preferable to include EU projects if any
(This including the following information: name of the programme and/or name of the call for proposals; name of the project; total project amount; if project was selected or not; name of project’s applicant; thematic area(s) covered by project);
- Three reference contacts;
- Financial Proposal including the daily rate of each service as below;
- Developing full proposals & leading the process
- Reviewing & proofreading of a written proposal by SHS team