Legal Expert/consultant to facilitate briefing & listening s...
LEGAL EXPERT/CONSULTANT TO FACILITATE BRIEFING AND LISTENING SESSION AND POLICY ROUNDTABLE
MA’AN in partnership with OXFAM started the implementation of SIDA funded program titled “Developing Equitable Agricultural Production and Market Systems for Resilient Economic Development in the occupied Palestinian Territory”.
The overall objective of this program is to contribute to resilient and equitable agricultural growth from which small scale women and men producers will benefit in the oPt. The specific objective is to increase the wellbeing and income of women and men engaged in small-scale agriculture in vulnerable communities through improved agricultural and market systems in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip.
MA’AN is seeking a legal expert/consultant to facilitate:
- Briefing and listening session with the legal committee at the legislative council to legally review 1) the Regulations Controlling the central markets operating mechanism, and 2) The contract between Middlemen and Municipalities. This should address the unclarity of regulations and contradiction between bylaws and regulations. Specifically, The Vegetables Central Markets National Bylaws 2015 (Act4) and the Palestinian Basic Law, 2002 Act88.
- Policy roundtables with the Ministry of local governance and the central market different actors addressing the captured contradictions, the gaps between the law and the practices, the root causes, the effects of such gaps, and the way forward to address this constraint.
With the minimum qualifications :
- A high Academic Degree in law.
- At least 5 years of experience practicing law professions in the Gaza Strip
- Proven experience in market laws and regulations
- Proven relevant experience of facilitating discussion/listening/policy sessions
- It is an advantage to have credible publishments /studies in the field of market laws
Interested consultant individuals not firms should review the full ToR for this consultancy and can get a copy from it from MAAN-Gaza Gaza strip from 18th November 2018 – 25th November 2018 and submit offer in two sealed envelopes; one for the technical offer and another one for the financial offer by 26th November 2018 (before 12:00 pm) at MA’AN Development Center office in Gaza, Palestine (Haidar Abd Al Shafi Square,Al Motaz 2 Building –Ground Floor Next to Blood Bank Building, Tel.: 08-2823712)
- The awarded consultant of this offer will be required to pay for the cost of this advertisement.
- Financial Offer must be in USD , Excluding VAT