IT and General Support Consultant
Terms of Reference – Request for Quotation
PSJ 13- 2019
IT and General Support Consultant- AIDA
- CONSULTANCY ASSIGNMENT BACKGROUND
AIDA is seeking quotations for a short term consulatncy to provide IT and General Support service starting ASAP till December 2019.
Consutancy to be conducted from AIDA office, either Jerusalem of Gaza office.
- OBJECTIVES AND SCOPE OF WORK
The purpose of the IT and General Support Consultant is to lead the re-design of the AIDA website, as well as internal AIDA databases and related support systems to ensure the maximally efficient and effective functioning of the AIDA Secretariat going forward.
The consultancy should cover the following points:
- Re-design, further develop and ensure a readily accessible system for future updating and maintenance of the AIDA website under the supervision and in close coordination with the Advocacy and Communications Coordinator, Director and AIDA Executive Committee Chair;
- Design, create and implement new databases and related systems to house AIDA member organization information and all AIDA mailing lists, ensuring that these new systems are readily accessible and updatable by AIDA Secretariat staff members;
- Carry out other relevant administrative, coordination and AIDA sub-committee (Advocacy, Operations and Program) related duties as requested by AIDA Director, Secretariat colleagues and the AIDA Executive Committee Chair.
- INSTITUTIONAL AND ORGANISATIONAL ARRANGEMENTS
NRC hosts the AIDA platform in Palestine, providing essential administrative support, logistical services and financial oversight. NRC will contract the Consultant, process invoices and process payments, in addition to providing induction and ongoing support throughout the consultancy period.
The key deliverable under the consultancy is the IT and General Support to be completed by 30 December 2019.
The consultant will prepare a methodology for the consultancy which should cover the issues outlined in the TORs as well as the proposed means of identifying relevant information and data.
- CONSULTANT SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS
NRC seeks expressions of interest from consultants with the following skills/qualifications and expertise:
- proven experience in Website designs
- Proven Experience in designing, creating and implementing new databases and related systems
- Strong knowledge of support service functions
- Ability to work well with various stakeholders at different levels
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills, flexibility and good organizational skills
- Proven ability to operate under strict deadline and high level of discipline and professionalism
STRUCTURE OF TECHNICAL PROPOSAL
Proposals must include complete and accurate information. The proposal must include, but is not limited to, the following items:
- Profile/CV highlighting the consultant’s qualifications and relevant experience.
- A letter of interest describing how the consultant will address each item outlined in the objectives of the assignment
- Include at least 2 reports or work products from other similar work undertaken by the consultant within the past 5 years
- Detailed prices quote for the services.
- The required currency for all pricing information is USD and including all taxes.
- All bids are to be submitted in English language only.
- All consultants, ltd or sole-trade, must be registered in accordance with the legal requirements at their Country. The consultant must be able to submit documentation that proves that they are meeting all legal and tax obligation for the consultancy.
- The bid shall be submitted as attachments to a letter of interest by e-mail to [email protected]
- Questions can be submitted to the same e-mail address.
- Closing date for questions: 2 days before closing date
- Closing date for bids: All complete bids are to be received by NRC at [email protected] by October 27th, 2019, at 17:00 Jerusalem local time (GMT+2)
- Notification of selection: All bidders will be contacted with formal notification of final selection or information about any delay in the process.
NRC is not bound to select any of the companies or individuals who submitted bids and does not bind itself to select the lowest price offer.
NRC will award the consultancy contract after evaluation based on the following themes and prioritizations:
- Project methodology and suitability for NRC (40%)
- Value for money (30%)
- Proven ability and experience with similar consultancies (30%)
Ethical Standards Declaration for all Supply, Service and Works Contractors
NRC as a humanitarian organisation expects the contractors to have high ethical standards. “all contractors supplying or planning to supply goods, works or services must sign this declaration”.
This declaration will be kept on file for a period of 10 years and should be updated every year or more often as appropriate.
NRC staff may perform checks to verify that these standards are adhered to. Should NRC deem that the contractor fails to meet or is not taking appropriate steps to meet these standards, any and all contracts and agreements with NRC may be terminated.
Any contractors doing business with Norwegian Refugee Council shall as a minimum;
- Comply with all laws and regulations in effect in the country or countries of business
- Meet the ethical standards as listed below.
Positively agree to the standards and be willing to implement changes in their organisation.
- Anti-corruption and contractor’s compliance with laws and regulations:
- The contractor confirms that it is not involved in any form of fraud, corruption, collusion, coercive practice, bribery, involvement in a criminal organization or other illegal activity.
- Where any potential conflict of interest exists between the contractor or any of the contractor’s staff members with any NRC staff member, the contractor shall notify NRC in writing of the potential conflict. NRC shall then determine whether action is required. A conflict of interest can be due to a relationship with a staff member such as close family etc.
- The contractor will immediately notify senior NRC management if exposed for alleged corruption by representatives of NRC.
- The contractor shall be registered with the relevant government authority with regard to taxation.
- The contractor shall pay taxes according to all applicable national laws and regulations.
- The contractor warrants that it is not involved in the production or sale of any weapons including anti-personnel mines.
- Conditions related to the employees:
- No workers in our company will be forced, bonded or involuntary prison workers.
- Workers shall not be required to lodge “deposits” or identity papers with their employer and shall be free to leave their employer after reasonable notice.
- Workers, without distinction, shall have the right to join or form trade unions of their own choosing and to bargain collectively.
- Persons under the age of 18 shall not be engaged in work which is hazardous to their health or safety, including night work.
- Employers of persons under the age of 18 must ensure that the working hours and nature of the work does not interfere with the child’s opportunity to complete his/ her education.
- There shall be no discrimination at the work place based on ethnic background, religion, age, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership or political affiliation.
- Measures shall be established to protect workers from sexually intrusive, threatening, insulting or exploitative behaviour, and from discrimination or termination of employment on unjustifiable grounds, e.g. marriage, pregnancy, parenthood or HIV status.
- Physical abuse or punishment, or threats of physical abuse, sexual or other harassment and verbal abuse, as well as other forms of intimidation, shall be prohibited.
- Steps shall be taken to prevent accidents and injury to health arising out of, associated with, or occurring in, the course of work, by minimizing, so far as is reasonably practicable, the causes of hazards inherent in the working environment.
- Wages and benefits paid for a standard working week shall meet, at a minimum, national legal standards or industry benchmark standards, whichever is higher. Wages should always be enough to meet basic needs.
- Working hours shall comply with national laws and benchmark industry standards, whichever affords greater protection. It is recommended that working hours do not exceed 48 hours per week (8 hours per day).
- Workers shall be provided with at least one day off for every 7 day period.
- All workers are entitled to a contract of employment that shall be written in a language they understand.
- Workers shall receive regular and documented health and safety training, and such training shall be repeated for new workers.
- Access to clean toilet facilities and to potable water, and, if appropriate, sanitary facilities for food storage shall be provided.
- Accommodation, where provided, shall be clean, safe and adequately ventilated, and shall have access to clean toilet facilities and potable water.
- No Deductions from wages shall be made as a disciplinary measure.
- Environmental conditions:
- Production and extraction of raw materials for production shall not contribute to the destruction of the resources and income base for marginalized populations, such as in claiming large land areas or other natural resources on which these populations are dependent.
- Environmental measures shall be taken into consideration throughout the production and distribution chain ranging from the production of raw material to the consumer sale. Local, regional and global environmental aspects shall be considered. The local environment at the production site shall not be exploited or degraded by pollution.
- National and international environmental legislation and regulations shall be respected.
- Hazardous chemicals and other substances shall be carefully managed in accordance with documented safety procedures.
We, the undersigned, verify that we are in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, and meet the ethical standards as listed above or positively agree to these ethical standards and are willing to implement necessary changes in the organisation.