Investment Consultant Firm
TERMS OF REFERENCE (ToR)
EcoPalestine is the Palestinian affiliate of EcoPeace Middle East, a unique organization that brings together Jordanian, Palestinian, and Israeli environmentalists. Our primary objective is the promotion of cooperative efforts to protect our shared environmental heritage. In so doing, we seek to advance both sustainable regional development and the creation of necessary conditions for lasting peace in our region.
- Description of the Project
EcoPalestine/EcoPeace Middle East is currently running the Good Water Neighbors IV program. As part of its program commitments, the organization aims at promoting private sector interests and investment in the Palestinian Jordan Valley. To be able to achieve the aforementioned objectives, there needs to be substantial financial investments in environmental sustainable projects. More specifically the program includes identification of five Palestinian projects that would potentially succeed in investment and continue to realization. Considering focusing on climate change adaptation and mitigation, the identified projects to be in the fields of Agri-tech, Eco-tourism, Renewable Energy, Water and Wastewater.
- Project Summary:
DURATION: 4 Years (2018 – 2022)
DONOR: The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency, Sida
- SCOPE OF WORK
EcoPalestine is seeking to recruit a Consultancy firm that helped in setting up the stage for PPP/ private sector investments in water, energy and food security projects.
- Get oriented with the organization’s objectives and aspirations to be achieved under the Investment Component.
- Work closely with the Programme Manager in Palestine and the regional investment team, to review the Investment Component work plan to achieve its goals to the best results, utilizing the most effective time and resources.
- Review & Advance, already developed business cases in the Jordan Valley and identify additional two-business case based on an already developed selection criteria.
- Conduct the required due diligence, analysis, and investigations to support the decision to move forward with the additional business case (total up to 4 Business cases), this could include a review of existing material, conducting meetings, site visits, building a proper case and justification based on concrete knowledge in the relevant sector and market for each specific project.
- Proceed with conducting full feasibility studies for three- four business cases.
- Networking and engaging with relevant organizations, stakeholders, government officials and impact investment communities at a national level; regionally and internationally when required
- Advance towards securing investors to kick-start and implement for at least two fully developed business cases.
- Attend the regular meetings of the regional investment team and other networking meetings; an average of four national meetings per month and two regional meetings per year.
- Work Closely with the operation department to prepare Investor agreements and memorandum of understanding where needed.
- Work closely with the Programme Manager and the investment team to organize, facilitate and present the business cases at the following events, including but not limited to: EcoPeace Regional Conferences 2021, 1 investor’s events and 1 national round table.
- Attend with Program manager three National site visits with decision makers, investors, business owners, and donors.
- Mapping and Identify potential investors’ privet, Government, PPP, NGOs….
The consultant is liable for the following deliverables:
- Inception report
- Revised work plan along and stakeholders’ engagement plan (work plan already prepared by the Programme Manager)
- Initial diagnostic reports for each of the additional 3-4 business cases based on selection criteria
- Draft Feasibility Study document for each business cases
- Final business case/ feasibility study for each business cases
- A maximum two-pages summary paper for each investment cases
- A power point presentation for each business case.
- Monthly progress reports
- Final Comprehensive report by the end of the contracting period to issue final payment
- Duration of the contract: One Year
- Work closely with: The Program Manager and Country Director, based in Ramallah, and the Regional Investment Manager, based in Amman, and the rest of the regional investment team.
- Report to: Programme Manager – Ramallah, based in Ramallah
All reports and services produced and provided by the Consulting Firm are subject to approval for satisfactory performance by EcoPalestine/EcoPeace Middle East before issuing any payment. All Tables Excel and other developed material shall be submitted to Ecopeace
- REQUIRED EXPERTISE AND QUALIFICATION
- Consulting Firm with sufficient professional experience and rich profile in business development consulting;
- Particular experience with projects in the sectors of renewable energy, agri-tech, agriculture, tourism, environmental and water projects;
- Proven experience in projects in the Jordan Valley will be an added value;
- Proven experience with multinational projects and international organizations with high level standards in technical and financial reporting;
- Assigned Focal Point staff with no less than 3-5 years’ experience in relevant field.
TECHNICAL & FINANCIAL PROPOSALS for this consultancy services to be submitted by August 1st, 2021 by email: [email protected]
Make sure to provide the following:
- Technical Proposal indicating detailed methodology to carry out the assignment
- Initial work plan with suggested timeframe
- An up-to-date CV stating details of educational qualifications, work experience, including prior experience of similar work for the assigned Staff
- Company’s Profile & Registration Certificate
- Valid Deduction at Source Certificate
- Three References with similar projects and tasks
- A financial Proposal with Budget Breakdown including all the related costs for example: (National & Regional Travel Costs to Jordan, Meeting Travels with investors) and any other costs that needed to fulfil the Planned tasks
- The Financial Proposal should be submitted in ILS and Including 16% VAT
If you have any questions regards the TOR, you can send it by e-mail:[email protected] no later than July 17, 2021.
- Indicative Payment
Advance Payment 20%
Upon signing and contract
First Payment 20%
Upon completion & Acceptance of the Diagnostic Reports for the 3 projects
Second Payment 40%
Upon completion and approval of the 3 feasibility studies, the presentations and the 2 pages summary
Final Payment 20%
By securing funding for at least two business cases, & Accepting the final Reports, and fulfil the contracted tasks.