GIZ/PART program - Initiators Open Call
Initiators Open Call
GIZ/PART program is looking for Initiators who are active in their camps to implement creative ideas for innovative initiatives about different topics related to their living conditions in the camps
Background about the program
Do you consider yourself socially engaged? Are you active within your society? Are you willing to take your role to the next step?
Then keep on reading.
Strengthening the influence of Palestinian refugees – PART - is a regional GIZ program targeting Palestinian refugees in Jordan, Lebanon, Gaza, West Bank, and as far as possible, Syria. Together with UNRWA and other partner organisations, the program works towards improving opportunities for Palestinian refugees to exert more influence on shaping their living conditions in a protracted violent conflict. Focusing on social participation and psychosocial support, the program is working on three pillars, Structural Reform, Youth, and Networking and Exchange.
Under the pillar of Youth, 80 initiatives will be implemented in all four fields (West Bank, Gaza, Jordan, Lebanon) by young women and men to improve youth´s influence on and active involvement in shaping their living conditions. Thus, we are looking for young, available, committed volunteers to be our “Initiators” in the West Bank and Gaza. Each one of these initiators will establish a group of 10-15 people, develop initiative ideas with them, and steer the implementation process of the initiatives. For this to happen, you will be accompanied by a professional consultant and PART staff members, to guide you and provide you with the needed training, support, and reflection. In addition to that, the (limited) costs of each initiative will be covered by the program.
In other words, you will get the chance to introduce yourself, your interests, to increase your network circle and to upgrade your skills. You will have the opportunity to co-create and co-design your ideas in an inspiring space, and to make them become reality. As exchange is at the heart of this regional program, you will meet and network with other involved persons here and in the region.
October 1, 2019 to February 28, 2021
Main Tasks of the Initiators:
- Form a group of 10 to 15 young women and men who are socially engaged and interested in implementing innovative initiatives.
- Develop with this group an innovative initiative and implement it.
- Coordinate, organize and facilitate the group´s regular meetings and its engagement for implementing activities.
- Ensure commitment of the implementation group to the initiatives and their timely implementation.
- Ensure that the initiatives are designed and implemented in a participatory and inclusive way.
- Ascertain the impact orientation and needs-based design of the initiatives.
- Committed to be part of the process over the whole period.
- Facilitate the exchange and transfer of knowledge between the different levels.
- Ready to travel within the West Bank and in the region.
- Socially engaged in working on the community level; experience in a community-based organization or in a non-governmental organization is a plus.
- Volunteerism, experience in managing volunteer projects and being a team leader is an asset.
- Playing an active role in the community.
- Good networks within their community and its surroundings.
- Eagerness and ability to learn, as it will be a learning journey through the whole period of the project.
- Age between 18 - 30 years.
Information needed to be part of the expression of interest
Qualified candidates should send the following:
- An updated CV
- A cover letter elaborating on your motivation, your previous voluntarism work and your active role in your society
If you are available, committed, and would love to volunteer in such process, do not hesitate to apply.
Deadline for submitting applications is Monday, September 16, 2019.
We kindly ask you to send your CV and cover letter to this email address: [email protected] the email subject should be “Open Call Initiators”
We are looking forward to hearing from you