GIZ/PART program - Call for multipliers
Expression of interest
Call for multipliers
GIZ/PART program is looking for multipliers who are active in their camps to accompany and support the implementation of innovative initiatives to improve the youth´s influence on and active involvement in shaping the living conditions
Background about the program
The project Strengthening the Influence of Palestinian Refugees on their Living Conditions (PART) was commissioned by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) to increase the exertion of influence of Palestinian refugees for improving their living conditions in a protracted violent conflict on individual and structural level.
The project is active in Palestine, Jordan and Lebanon. It operates in three fields of action: Strengthening the Influence of Palestinian Refugees (1) through implementing a selected reform process in the field of psychosocial support and/or social participation, (2) empower young Palestinian women and men to exert influence on and design their living environments, (3) in addition to strengthening the exchange, including the transfer of knowledge, between different stakeholders on national, regional and international level.
The project started in November 2018 and continues to operate until October 2021.
Over a period of two years, between 800 and 1.200 participants will be implementing 80 initiatives with the aim to improve the youth´s influence on and active involvement in shaping the living conditions. This translates into 80 initiatives being organised by 80 young women and men (“initiators”), who initiate and involve an “implementation group” of 10 to 15 persons to implement each initiative. To support the initiators “multipliers” will accompany them throughout the whole process.
The purpose of the consultancy is to accompany up to 5 initiators in the process of setting up the beforementioned implementation groups of 10-15 persons to implement innovative youth initiatives. The consultant is to pass on her/his expertise and experiences to the initiators, to ascertain proper and transparent administrative procedures, and exchange between the different levels.
Duration and duty station:
The multipliers will accompany up to 5 initiators for the period from 01.10.2019 to 01.03.2021. The duty station will be in Refugee camps in one of the following locations: Nablus, Ramallah, Bethlehem, Hebron and East Jerusalem.
- Technical tasks required:
- Provide capacity development to the initiators, particularly in the areas of context- sensitive, impact-oriented project planning; forming and working with implementation groups; participatory methods of project planning and implementation; theories, methods, tools of conflict transformation; budget management and administration; stakeholder involvement; etc
- Accompany and support the initiators in forming and working with implementation groups
- Steer the group work and responsible about representing it when needed.
- support to the initiators in implementing the initiatives: budget planning and monitoring, concept note, and the like
- Support initiators in networking with civil society organizations and officials in the target areas.
- Facilitate exchange between the implementation groups, between the initiators and on regional level.
- Administrative and financial tasks required:
- support PART Administration team in procuring goods and services required for the implementation in accordance with giz rules and regulations.
- Maintain proper and transparent financial procedures.
- Contribute to the preparation of projects operational plans.
- University degree in relevant discipline (e.g. Media, Political Sciences, Human Rights, Development Studies, or any related field in Social Sciences).
- at least 3 years of Experience in steering (volunteer) groups, facilitating team processes; experience as team leader an asset
- at least 5 years of work experience (incl voluntary work) in Palestinian refugee camps, especially with youth
- prior experience as trainer (of trainers)
- familiar with budget planning, monitoring, and administrative processes
- Good command of English language
- Have strong expertise on participatory methods, needs-oriented, conflict sensitivity/conflict transformation expertise.
- access to social and political network within and without the camps
- Flexibility in travelling from place of residency to Ramallah, or other West bank cities and travel within the region.
Information needed to be part of the expression of interest
Qualified candidates should send the following:
- An updated CV including three professional references.
- A cover letter explaining how your qualifications match with the consultancy requirements stated in section 4.
Submission address and deadline
Please send your cv and cover letter to the following address:
German house for development Cooperation
Abdallah Joudeh street 35
Telephone:00972 02 241 0502 ext.2515
Envelops should be labelled as follows:” Expression of interest
Call for multipliers”
Deadline for submitting applications is: Tuesday, 17.09. 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Incomplete applications will not be considered
Evaluation and invitation to tender
Evaluation will be based on provided evaluation grid. Expression of interest scoring less than 650 points will not be considered for the tender invitation.
For any questions and clarifications, you can contact [email protected] and you will receive a response.
Attachment assessment grid_multipliers