Gender Responsive training
Terms of reference (ToR)
COMPANIES AND INDIVIDUALS
Gender Responsive training
The Palestinian Center for Democracy and Conflict Resolution (PCDCR) is a non-profit organization established in 1998, as an investment of distinguished efforts exerted by a group of Palestinian youth highly motivated and ambitious to develop a Palestinian model promotes democratic principles and modern conflict resolution alternatives. PCDCR has extensive experience in raising community awareness, providing counselling conflict resolution services, and building institutional and community capacities.
With funding from Government of Japan and in partnership with UN Women, PCDCR will implement the project of Protection, Response and Preparedness to Address Needs of Displaced and Vulnerable Women in Gaza. Project for 10 months, the main result of the project is : Displaced and vulnerable women (women and girls with disabilities, elderly women and women survivors of violence) have improved access to economic opportunities and gender responsive humanitarian services in Gaza.
Particularly, the project aims to strengthen the capacities for managers, coordinates and implementers, practitioners and social workers of gender service providers through conducting normative training which aims to qualifying them integrating Gender Based Violence prevention and response across programs and activities.
In addition, the training will build their capacities in networking and coordination between each other to develop coordination mechanisms as an output of the training.
The training targets key partners of GBV Sub Cluster members. (managers/coordinators and social workers/ practitioners).
Scope of work:
The -normative framework- training will improve the quality of gender service provided thorough conducting 25 training hours tackling:
- Coordination mechanisms and actions.
- Effective gender integration across programs.
- Theoretical concepts of gender and GBV.
- Techniques for psychosocial counselling
- Sheltering services for GBV victims
- Case management and referral pathways.
The above-mentioned topics should be based on the international and national modules of GBV such as:
IASC- gender handbook for humanitarian actions.
IASC- Guidelines for Integrating Gender-Based Violence Interventions in Humanitarian Action.
UN Women - Gender Alert.
Essential Services Package for Women and Girls Subject to Violence, Core Elements and Quality. Guidelines
- Conduct pre- assessment of participants
- Submit draft program and content of the training
- Discuss and finalize the draft with PCDCR and UN women.
- Conduct 5- days training
- Conduct post assessment at the end of the training and submit the training report.
Deliverables: (should be in English and Arabic)
- Training package including manual, agenda, handouts, and slides.
- Training report
- Pre-post assessments.
The expert should meet the following minimum selection criteria:
- Good understanding and clear knowledge of GBV, Gender sensitivity and gender mainstreaming.
- Proven expertise in training and developing training manuals.
- Submitting technical and financial offers including proposed mythology and timeframe or work.
- Similar work
- Understanding of PCDCR objectives and strategies.
- Interested applicants are asked to submit their CV and technical and financial offers (Both in English and Arabic) with enclosed envelopes at admin assistant office at the 2nd floor of PCDCR building (Haider Abdelshafi crossroads, in front of Al Badia restaurant) ) no later than 20th September 2018 at 3:00 PM.