Extension Services for Small-Scale Businesses related to Ani...
Extension Services for Small-Scale Businesses related to Animal Husbandry and Food Production
MA’AN, in partnership with ActionAid Palestine, is currently implementing the project "Humanitarian Program funded by DANIDA" which aims to strengthen the resilience and protection of women and young people affected by the protracted crisis and disasters in the Gaza Strip in line with IHRL and IHL. As part of this program, MA'AN will undertake a set of activities that aim at strengthening the economic resilience of a group of vulnerable women through supporting their engagement in small-scale income-generation projects, mainly food production and animal husbandry.
MA'AN seeks to hire an experienced agronomist to conduct a technical assessment and provide extension services and training for small-scale businesses related to animal husbandry and food production with the following minimum qualifications:
- At least BA in Agriculture or any other relevant field. Master's degree and above is a credit.
- At least 3 years of working experience in agricultural sector, particularly with relevance to women's economic empowerment.
- A proven experience in working with small-scale businesses related to food production and animal husbandry.
- A proven experience in providing extension services to food production and animal husbandry projects.
- Previous experience with NGOs, particularly in agricultural development and economic empowerment.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Mature work practices, highly motivated and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Demonstrated experience in the fieldwork in different areas.
- Has good skills in monitoring and evaluation which related to the tasks described above.
- Good reporting, writing, and communication skills.
- Ability to develop concrete methodology and timeframe for delivering the required consultancy service within the specified duration.
Interested consultant (Individuals not Firms) should review the full ToR for this consultancy and can get a copy from it from MAAN-Gaza Office from 29th July 2018 – 2nd August 2018 and submit offer in two sealed envelopes; one for the technical offer and another one for the financial offer by 5th August 2018 (before 12:00 pm) at MA’AN Development Center office in Gaza, Palestine (Haidar Abd Al Shafi Square,Al Motaz 2 Building –Ground Floor Next to Blood Bank Building, Tel.: 08-2823712)
- The awarded Consultant of this offer will be required to pay for the cost of this advertisement.
- Offers will be assessed first on their technical merit using the evaluation criteria below. Only technical scores of at least 70 points will qualify for the financial review. The financial offer weight is 30% from the total weight while the technical offer is 70% of the total weight.
- Financial Offer must be in USD.