End of Project Evaluation
REQUEST FOR CONSULTANCY
End of Project Evaluation
ActionAid has been working in the occupied Palestinian territory for 10 years in occupied Palestinian territory. ActionAid’s main priorities include promotion of women’s rights and women’s economic empowerment; youth empowerment and advocacy related to access to services and the impacts of the occupation. Since 2015, ActionAid Palestine has been implementing a women’s empowerment Project entitled: “Women Stepping Forward”, the project is funded by DFAT and in partnership with ActionAid Australia. The Project aimed at enhanced role and status of Palestinian women and young women through employing HRBA and Reflection-Action methodology that contribute to amplify their leadership and influence at household, community and national level. The project comes to an end in June 2018, therefore, ActionAid is seeking a qualified consultant/s in the field of impact assessment, evaluation and reviews to conduct an Evaluation for the aforementioned Project.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The aim of this evaluation is to assess the project achievements, strengths, weaknesses, and implementation constraints, with a view to identifying any lessons that can be incorporated for future ActionAid Australia support of women’s rights programmes in Palestine.
The objective of the evaluation is to assess "the extent to which the project enhanced women's voice and status at household and community level as a result of their increased control over income earned and undertaking collective actions addressing priority issues"
The evaluation will provide information around the five following areas, with reference to the project proposal, M&E framework and the detailed M&E data collected over the life of the project against the following key criteria: (relevance, effectiveness and impact, sustainability, women’s livelihoods and efficiency)
The proposed evaluation will utilize a variety of methods to collect and analyse data – using participatory methods in the collection of both quantitative and qualitative data.
The evaluation will include:
- Conduct a preliminary meeting with AAP and agree on the assignment framework.
- Conduct a desk review of relevant documents, project reports and proposals.
- Design data collection tools to be used for the evaluation as per the agreed methodology.
- Preparing an inception report outlining the approach/methodology to be employed in executing the assignment and a detailed plan for the baseline with:
- Timeline/schedule of activities
- Detailed methodology of how to collect, triangulate and summarize both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Conduct field research with 3 women’s groups in Hebron in addition to meeting with community leaders, AA Palestine staff, relevant local authorities.
- Develop a comprehensive first draft evaluation report based on the findings according to format agreements upon with ActionAid.
- Report writing (in well-written English)
- Debrief with project and country management teams.
DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The evaluation shall be conducted between June 25, 2018 to July 26, 2018. Specific level of effort for the consultant will be based on the agreed workplan that will be finalized with the contract.
QUALIFICATIONS OF CONSULTANT
- Demonstrated experience in development programmes evaluations, including selecting methodology appropriate for the project’s-specific factors, sampling, applying a mixed methods approach, developing/revising participatory data collection tools, developing data quality protocols and training enumerators
- Demonstrated 5 years’ experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Knowledge and experience with women’s rights and empowerment of women at all levels.
- Knowledge and experience developing and/or using participatory research tools
- Research experience with knowledge mobilization in collaboration with community
- Fluency in English and Arabic is mandatory
Consultants/firms that meet the requirements should submit expression of interest, which should include the following:
Prerequisites for accepting Financial offers:
All offers must be delivered in closed and sealed envelope no later than Thursday, June 7th, 2018 at 14:00 pm to the address of the Action Aid office in Hebron, Al Salam Street, behind Taj Mahal Hall.
ActionAid Palestine is keen to provide equal opportunities for all. The consultants will be selected according to the above qualifications, and only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested applicant can obtain the Evaluation Terms of Reference by contacting the Project Coordinator on 0597917796 or send an e mail at [email protected]
- Cover letter including the consultant’s/firm’s suitability for the assignment and current contact information
- Include 1-2 samples of previous evaluation work
- Technical offer; detailed response to TOR, with specific focus addressing the purpose and objectives of the assignment, methodology to be used and key selection criteria (max. 5 pages)
- Financial offer; detailed budget breakdown based on expected daily rates and initial work plan
- Initial draft of the proposed work plan
- Prices are exclusive of value added tax (zero tax invoices) for establishments officially registered with the Ministry of Finance; while for individuals and non-profit institutions, the offered prices will be subject to a 5% deduction for income tax.
- Applicants must submit a reduction from source certificate along with the offer.
- Prices are to be submitted in NIS and are valid for 30 days starting from the applications’ closing date.
- The quotation must be detailed and based on the work mechanism proposed by the consultant.