Digital Solution Design and Development Service
This ToR specifies the details for Digital Solution Design and Development services for the above-mentioned project, implemented by the Palestinian Working Woman Society for Development (PWWSD) in Palestine.
The Palestinian Working Women’s Society for Development (PWWSD) aims for a free and democratic Palestinian society based on gender equality, respect for human rights and social justice. PWWSD promotes women self-empowerment, women’s participation in the struggle against the Israeli occupation, women’s contribution to the development processes, the entitlement of woman to political, economic and civic rights, women’s access to justice and their right to a life free of violence.
- Background Information
Brief description of the project:
Project Implementer: PWWSD
Project Duration: November 2018 to May 2019
Overall Objective: Advancing women's political empowerment and leadership in Palestine through digital solutions.
To develop digital solutions for advancing Palestinian women political leadership and rights by increasing their access to information, creating networks and mobilizing the community.
- Research and data collection on women's political rights, female leadership, digital literacy, usage patterns.
- Design and development of a digital solution that aims to advance women’s political rights, representation and leadership.
- Outreach event for developed digital solutions.
- Leadership forum for female leaders on politics and human rights through digital solutions and technology.
- Reciprocal mentoring program.
- Advocacy campaign.
- a) Elected Female Council Members
- b) Potential Candidates for municipal elections (senior female leaders at the local level, female activists and community leaders in the Palestinian territories)
- c) Men and the general public
- d) Decision Makers
- Women and men across Palestine are more aware of women political rights and representation in Palestine, and acknowledge the female political leaders at the local level.
- Palestinian female leaders have been organized and have created networks for advancing their political and women’s rights agenda through digital solutions.
- The visibility and positive attitude towards women's rights and leadership has increased through the launching of a digital advocacy and outreach campaign, pleading for a socio-political change in Palestine.
- Purpose of the Technical Services (Scope of Work)
PWWSD seeks to assign a specialized service provider or consultant(s) in order to carry out the following tasks:
- Generate a design concept for a digital solution that is based on end-user and stakeholder inputs which are collected in coordination with a dedicated research consultant. The digital solution design concept is a document that (1) describes the solution to be developed, justified by user research and linking to the overall project objectives, (2) determines the functionalities and structure of the digital solution, and (3) provides visual images of the digital solution’s key components.
- Develop the digital solution, which could comprise a web portal, mobile website, and/or mobile application – this is to be determined via the digital solution design concept described earlier.
- Support in the digitization of content that is to be included in the digital solution.
- Train PWWSD and selected stakeholders on the management and operation of the digital solution.
- Participate and contribute during the public launch (event) of the digital solution.
- Provide domain management, server hosting and maintenance services for the digital solution for the duration of one year, extendable.
Key characteristics of the digital solution to be designed and developed:
- Web portal, mobile website, and/or mobile application – to be determined via user-research
- Main language is Arabic while selected content sections can be replicated in English
- Engaging visual design and user experience – to be determined via user-research
- Accessible in low-bandwidth situations in acceptable quality
- Comprises a basic database function
- Easy-to-use content management console with integrated user instructions
The developed digital solution will become property of PWWSD; notwithstanding, the recognition of the authorship of the service provider.
- Duration and Key Milestones
Anticipated start of contract: January 2019
User-research and preparation of digital solution design concept: January – February 2019 (20 days)
Software development: February – April 2019
(Duration and sub-milestones to be determined based on final design concept)
Training and launch: April/May 2019
Handover: May 2019
Anticipated end of contract: May 2019
- Services provider profile
Required skills and experience:
- Digital solutions conceptualization based on user-centric design and user research
- UI/UX design
- Web and mobile development
- Digital content management, specifically Arabic content
- Schedule of Payments
- How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit an electronic copy of their expression of interest/proposal to the email address: [email protected] and [email protected] with “Digital Solution Design and Development Service” in the subject line, no later than January 12th, 2019.
Candidates must forward:
- 3 pages (max) technical proposal, indicating:
- Methodology, action plan, and timeframe
- Technical approach
- Past project experience and track record (portfolio, if available)
- Staff profiles
- 1 page (max) financial proposal (in Euros) with budget breakdown, indicating:
- List of daily rates for the proposed staff members
- Lump sum budget for the digital solution design phase (20 days of work)
- Lump sum budget for the development of a web portal only
- Lump sum budget for the development of a web portal and an Android application
- Lump sum budget for server hosting and maintenance services for a 12-month duration