Developing Quality standards and Technical Regulations for S...
Developing Quality standards and Technical Regulations for Selected Types of Agricultural Inputs
Tender Number: G.FS.OXFAM.PTIB39.059.2018
MA’AN in partnership with OXFAM started the implementation of SIDA funded program titled “Developing Equitable Agricultural Production and Market Systems for Resilient Economic Development in the occupied Palestinian Territory”.
The overall objective of this program is to contribute to resilient and equitable agricultural growth from which small scale women and men producers will benefit in the oPt. The specific objective is to increase the wellbeing and income of women and men engaged in small-scale agriculture in vulnerable communities through improved agricultural and market systems in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip.
There are several objectives and motivations developing quality standards and technical regulations of agricultural inputs (Seeds and tubers). Standards and technical regulations are often justified when input use implies externalities, such as dangers to the health of farmers or consumers, or hazards to the environment. Such regulations may restrict the use of dangerous chemicals, or may ban seed imports from countries with seed-borne diseases not present in the importing country a controlling regulatory systems often mandate and monitor the quality of inputs that are sold, to ensure they are unadulterated and correctly labelled.to achieve that MAAN is seeking consultant services in Developing Quality standards and Technical Regulations for Selected Types of Agricultural Inputs, with the following minimum qualifications :
- A high degree in economics, agri-business, agriculture engineering or any related field;
- At least 5 years’ of relevant experience working in agro-chains and market assessments;
- Experience in developing national quality systems is a must.
- Evidence of having generated quality reports, manuals or published studies in the relevant field;
- Proven experience working on range of policy issues in the agriculture sector;
- Knowledge of regional/global agricultural standards and best practices is preferable;
- Proven experience in agriculture sector. Vegetables and potatoes value chains will be an advantage.
Interested consultant firms should review the full ToR for this consultancy and can get a copy from it from MAAN-Gaza Office from 23rd September 2018 – 27th September 2018 and submit offer in two sealed envelopes; one for the technical offer and another one for the financial offer by 30th September 2018 (before 12:00 pm) at MA’AN Development Center office in Gaza, Palestine (Haidar Abd Al Shafi Square,Al Motaz 2 Building –Ground Floor Next to Blood Bank Building, Tel.: 08-2823712)
- The awarded Consultant of this offer will be required to pay for the cost of this advertisement.
- Offers will be assessed first on their technical merit using the evaluation criteria below. Only technical scores of at least 70 points will qualify for the financial review. The financial offer weight is 30% from the total weight while the technical offer is 70% of the total weight.
- Financial Offer must be in USD excluding VAT (Zero VAT Invoice required)