Developing Equitable Agricultural Production & Market System...
Developing Equitable Agricultural Production and Market Systems for Resilient Economic Development in the occupied Palestinian Territory MA’AN in partnership with OXFAM started the implementation of SIDA funded program titled “Developing Equitable Agricultural Production and Market Systems for Resilient Economic Development in the occupied Palestinian Territory”.
The overall objective of this program is to contribute to resilient and equitable agricultural growth from which small scale women and men producers will benefit in the oPt. The specific objective is to increase the wellbeing and income of women and men engaged in small-scale agriculture in vulnerable communities through improved agricultural and market systems in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip.
The objective of the consultancy is to conduct a research study to identify the most applicable, feasible and effective agro-ecological practices in potatoes farming for the traditional varieties of potatoes (SPUNTA – MUNDIAL) and the other new varieties
To achieve this, MA’AN seeks to contract a qualified consultant (Individual) with the following minimum qualifications :
- Agriculture academic degree.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in the agriculture sector, agricultural production and extension services.
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience in ecological farming system and the application of agro-ecological practices in potato farming.
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience in conducting agricultural researches.
- Experience in agriculture sector especially potatoes value chain will be an advantage.
- Past experience in conducting previous researches regarding the different agricultural production systems and related to ecological farming system.
- Interested consultant from both WB & GS should review the full ToR for this consultancy and can get a copy from it from MAAN-Gaza Office in West Bank & Gaza strip from 20th March 2018 – 27th March 2018 and submit offer in two sealed envelopes; one for the technical offer and another one for the financial offer by 28th March 2018 (before 12:00 pm) at MA’AN Development Center office in Gaza, Palestine (Haidar Abd Al Shafi Square,Al Motaz 2 Building –Ground Floor Next to Blood Bank Building, Tel.: 08-2823712) and in Ramallah office Palestine (Al Maysoun (supermarket bravo building, 5th floor), Tel 02-295-4451
- The awarded Consultant of this offer will be required to pay for the cost of this advertisement.
- Offers will be assessed first on their technical merit using the evaluation criteria below. Only technical scores of at least 70 points will qualify for the financial review. The financial offer weight is 30% from the total weight while the technical offer is 70% of the total weight.
- Financial Offer must be in USD excluding VAT.