Crisis Management Training Service
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Médecins du Monde (MDM) France is an International Medical Organization, which has been present in the Palestinian Territories since 1995. It operates in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank through offices located in Jerusalem, Gaza and Nablus.
MDM is currently looking for qualified consultants for implementing:
EMERGENCY PLANS & CRISES MANAGEMENT training
Starting date: 6th March 2019
Type of contract: Service Contract
Médecins du Monde is currently implementing an emergency preparedness project in Gaza strip with the objective of preventing and mitigate life risks of vulnerable groups by easing their access to emergency response so as to enable them to deal with current and new health hazards in the Gaza Strip. MDM_F is looking for improving the perceiving of protection among humanitarian staff and key factors in communities. It is essential that protection principles be incorporated into aid delivery to ensure that the implemented activities target the affected people in the proper way and based on their needs. Therefore, MdM is planning to conduct training in which protection mainstreaming is reinforced.
The objectives of this training:
The main objective of this consultancy is to provide training to MOH managers on Emergency Plans & crisis management, which will mainly focus on improving the skills of the participants to plan, respond, and organize Emergency Response and their management for any crisis.
By the end of this training, participants will be expected to:
- Meet and understand the different Emergency interventions, definitions, models and implementations.
- Understand the emergency plan steps during crisis (assessment, response identification, action plan, monitoring & supervision…)
- Planning in detail for responses to as many potential crises as possible.
- Establishing monitoring systems and practices to detect early warning signals of any foreseeable crisis.
- Establishing and training a crisis management team
- Involving as many stakeholders as possible in all planning and action stages.
The methodology to be used during the training should be participative and interactive with key theoretical input. The consultant is expected to work in close collaboration with the MDM Gaza medical emergency manager. He / She is expected to facilitate the sessions in Arabic. However, all the material provided (final agenda, presentations, pre and posttest, final report) should be available in English as well.
- To meet and stay in contact with MdM Medical Emergency Manager in Gaza to clarify the objectives of the training.
- To build the training program according to the information collected during meetings.
- The training will be provided to special target groups (MOH Managers & directors)
- To prepare an initial draft Agenda for 3 full days (6 hours per day).
- To develop the training kit; which should include: Final draft agenda, theoretical presentations, methods used during the training, and evaluation tools (pre and post testing questionnaires) - The final Training Kit (handbook) should be in English.
- To share the final agenda, the planned activities, the theoretical presentations and the evaluation tools (PRE & POST-TEST) in advance, according to the schedule, with the Medical Emergency Manager.
- To conduct the training/facilitate the sessions (3 days), the training will be delivered for 5 groups, and each contains average of 20 participants.
- MAXIMUM 2 weeks after the trainings: to provide a final report IN ENGLISH (between 5 and 10 pages) including:
- Outcomes of Pre and post testing including comments
- Acquired skills and skills to be improved
- Recommendations for further training sessions
- Annexes: final agenda, methodology and training handouts (trainer & trainees handbook).
Note: MDM_F will be responsible for organizing all other related logistics need (avenue, lunch, stationary and printing materials), except the Certificates, which will be under the selected Service provider responsibility.
Deadline for applications: 26th of February 2019
Interviews and Selection: 3rd to 7th of March 2019
Contract starting date: 10th of March 2019
Delivery of draft training kit for MDM feedback and validation: 12th of March 2019
Delivery of FINAL Training Kit: No later than 14th of March 2019
Conduct 1st training days: 17th, 19th and 21st of March 2019 (Total 3 full days)
Conduct 2nd training days: 31st of March, 2nd & 4th of April 2019 (Total 3 full days)
Conduct 3rd training days: 14th, 16th & 18th of April 2019 (Total 3 full days)
Conduct 4th training days: 21st, 23rd & 25th of April 2019 (Total 3 full days)
Conduct 5th training days: 28th, 30th of April & 2nd of May 2019 (Total 3 full days)
Delivery of reports: no later than 1week after the last day of 1st & 4 other trainings; in addition the final report 2 weeks after the delivery of last training.
(Wednesday 27th of March 2019 for the 1st training & Thursday 9th of May 2019 for the 2nd 3rd, 4th, & 5th trainings separately)
The final report on the Thursday 16th of May 2019)
This schedule is an estimation and can be modified upon approval of MdM medical manager.
MDM is looking for qualified service providers (individuals and/or organizations) with the following characteristics:
- An advanced degree in Crisis Management, Social Science or other related field.
- Proven experience in managing Emergency Response interventions.
- Training of trainers’ expertise, especially in the management of Humanitarian Crisis and Coordination of Emergency Response, Networking, Coordination and Referral.
- Valuable experience in training and supervising humanitarian workers
- Demonstrate experience in designing training agenda, manage group dynamics and enable groups to learn together based on their field experiences.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Excellent writing + speaking skills Arabic and English
- Knowledge of context and cultural aspects
- A medical or nursing degree would be an assett
APPLICATION AND PROCEDURES
The interested individuals/consultancy offices/ organizations can submitted their Technical and Financial Offers including:
- Names and CV of trainer/trainers
- Draft Training agenda
- Training content and methodology
In sealed Envelopes no later than Tuesday 26th February 2019, 12:00 PM, by hand to:
MdM Gaza Office – Al Bayid Building, 2nd floor – Ansar Circle. Tel: 08-2866069.