Consultancy service to elaborate a study on the hygiene prac...
Consultancy service to elaborate a study on the hygiene practices and its impact on the children nutritional status
MA’AN has been working on implementing a project entitled “Nutrition-WASH-Health Response in Gaza”. The project is funded by Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The project’s global goal is to Reduce the risk and prevalence of malnourishment and WASH related transmissible diseases among vulnerable communities in Gaza. And with the following outcomes achieved and realized during the project implementation:
- Affected people in the targeted communities have increased access to safe and equitable water storage/supply.
- Affected people have access to a hygienic environment through provision of sanitation services that are secure, sanitary, user friendly and gender- appropriate.
- Vulnerable people have access to hygiene messages and hygiene items appropriate to their context and living conditions.
- Local duty bearers (municipalities, WASH and health service providers, etc.) are reached through meetings/workshops/public hearing sessions to address WASH/nutrition community needs.
As There is a growing base of evidence showing the links between the poor WASH conditions and the causes of undernutrition and health risk. MA’AN is seeking a consultancy firm to elaborate a study on the hygiene practices and its impact on the children nutritional status. The study shall elaborate the relation of the WASH conditions and hygiene practices including the water, sanitation, and hygiene and the children nutritional status through an evidence based research.
MA’AN seeks qualified consulting/research firm with proven experience in the field of the sought consultancy. The consulting firm should present set of qualifications and technical backgrounds that suits the scope of the consultancy. MA’AN expects the consultancy firm to have a composition of multi-disciplinary team to execute the consultancy.
- Experience in WASH and nutrition sector
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Proven experience in conducting or managing researches and preparing reports
- Proven experience working in the Gaza Strip
Interested consultant firm should review the full ToR for this consultancy and can get a copy from it from MAAN-Gaza Office from 30TH September 2019 – 7th October 2019 and submit offer in two sealed envelopes; one for the technical offer and another one for the financial offer 8th October 2019 (before 12:00 pm) at MA’AN Development Center office in Gaza, Palestine (Haidar Abd Al Shafi Square,Al Motaz 2 Building –Ground Floor Next to Blood Bank Building, Tel.: 08-2823712) .
- Offers will be assessed first on their technical merit using the evaluation criteria below. Only technical scores of at least 70 points will qualify for the financial review. The financial offer weight is 30% from the total weight while the technical offer is 70% of the total weight.
- Companies must be authorized registered dealer and registered in the tax departments with proof experience in the field of mentioned works for at least three years.
- Prices must be in USD .
- Prices must be valid for at least 120 days from the tender submission date.
- Vendors/Service Provider must provide a bid bond guarantee (USD 500) only (Only Five Hundred Dollar) either by bank guarantee or certified bank check, valid for four months from the last date of tender receipt.
- The awarded Consultant of this offer will be required to pay for the cost of this advertisement.