Case studies highlighting the impact of the separation polic...
Case studies highlighting the impact of the separation policy between Gaza and West Bank on Gaza farmers and private sector
MA’AN, in partnership with OXFAM, is currently implementing the project "Addressing extreme vulnerability and strengthening resilience in protracted crises- OPT" which aims at enhancing the food security and protection of vulnerable households in Gaza and North Gaza. The project will reach an estimated total of 500 households, 50% of which will be women and girls who will be reached through protection and food security actions. The targeted beneficiaries are living in under-served communities of Gaza and North Gaza Strip. The project consists of three main thematic pillars; namely, food security, gender and protection, advocacy and influencing. Under food security the project will target 300 families who have children affected by protection threats and are managed through the case management system (family centers) with fresh food vouchers, and 50 HHs with income generating activities. Under protection and gender, the project will target 200 HHs with sever protection cases with cash support and it will provide training and cash for livelihoods for 50 gender-based violence survivors.
The overall aim of the consultancy is to conduct Two case studies highlighting the impact of the separation policy between Gaza and West Bank on Gaza farmers and private sector.
MA’AN seeks qualified consulting firm with proven experience in the field of the sought consultancy. The consulting firm should present set of qualifications and technical backgrounds that suits the scope of the consultancy. MA’AN expects the consultancy firm to have a composition of multi-disciplinary team to execute to consultancy.
The consultant expected key qualifications:
- A high degree in economics, agribusiness, business development or any related field.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Having published case studies in both languages (Arabic and English)
- Proven experience working on range of policy issues in the agriculture sector
- Deep knowledge of advocacy and campaigning tools, preferably in a development context
- Evidence of having generated quality reports or published studies in the relevant field
- Knowledge of business environment in Gaza Strip is a must.
Interested consultant firm should review the full ToR for this consultancy and can get a copy from it from MAAN-Gaza Gaza strip from 29th July 2019 –4th August 2019 and submit offer in two sealed envelopes; one for the technical offer and another one for the financial offer by 5th August 2019 (before 12:00 pm) at MA’AN Development Center office in Gaza, Palestine (Haidar Abd Al Shafi Square,Al Motaz 2 Building –Ground Floor Next to Blood Bank Building, Tel.: 08-2823712)
- The awarded consultant of this offer will be required to pay for the cost of this advertisement.
- Financial Offer must be in USD , Excluding VAT