Case studies highlighting the impact of the separation polic...
CASE STUDIES HIGHLIGHTING THE IMPACT OF THE SEPARATION POLICY BETWEEN GAZA AND WEST BANK ON GAZA FARMERS AND PRIVATE SECTOR
MA’AN in partnership with OXFAM started the implementation of SIDA funded program titled “Developing Equitable Agricultural Production and Market Systems for Resilient Economic Development in the occupied Palestinian Territory”.
The overall objective of this program is to contribute to resilient and equitable agricultural growth from which small scale women and men producers will benefit in the oPt. The specific objective is to increase the wellbeing and income of women and men engaged in small-scale agriculture in vulnerable communities through improved agricultural and market systems in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip.
The overall aim of the consultancy is to conduct four case studies highlighting the impact of the separation policy between Gaza and West Bank on Gaza farmers and private sector. The consulting firm should present set of qualifications and technical backgrounds that suits the scope of the consultancy. MA’AN expects the consultancy firm to have a composition of multi-disciplinary team to execute to consultancy.
The consultant expected key qualifications:
- The team individuals should have a high degree in economics, agribusiness, business development or any related field.
- The team individuals should have at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Having published case studies in both languages (Arabic and English)
- Proven experience working on range of policy issues in the agriculture sector
- Deep knowledge of advocacy and campaigning tools, preferably in a development context
- Evidence of having generated quality reports or published studies in the relevant field
- Knowledge of business environment in Gaza Strip is a must.
Interested consultant firms not individuals should review the full ToR for this consultancy and can get a copy from it from MAAN-Gaza Gaza strip from 31st October 2018 – 7th November 2018 and submit offer in two sealed envelopes; one for the technical offer and another one for the financial offer by 8th November 2018 (before 12:00 pm) at MA’AN Development Center office in Gaza, Palestine (Haidar Abd Al Shafi Square,Al Motaz 2 Building –Ground Floor Next to Blood Bank Building, Tel.: 08-2823712)
- The awarded consultant of this offer will be required to pay for the cost of this advertisement.
- Financial Offer must be in USD , Excluding Zero VAT Invoice