Capacity building in olives and olive oil negotiations, cont...
The Palestinian Agricultural Relief Committees (PARC) is a leading Palestinian Agricultural Development Organization that was established in 1983. Since its establishment, PARC has been efficiently engaged in Palestinian land development, water resources & environment, poverty reduction and women empowerment, olive oil marketing, as well as other crucial rural development programs.
The overall objective of this program is to contribute to resilient and equitable agricultural growth from which small-scale women and men producers will benefit in the oPt. The specific objective is to increase the wellbeing and income of women and men engaged in small-scale agriculture in vulnerable communities through improved agricultural and market systems in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip. Through a strategic partnership with the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA), Oxfam launched “the equitable agricultural production and market systems for resilient economic development in the occupied Palestinian territory (opt)” in July 2016. The overall goal of the project is for incomes of poor households to sustainably increase through enhanced employment and income opportunities. In partnership with key market players, the project will help to unlock the fresh produce sub-sector’s potential benefits for small-scale women and men farmers, through four inter-related strategies: (1) Catalyzing farmers’ cooperatives and groups to benefit from joint action, including with private sector, towards enhanced capture of market benefits; (2) Facilitating investment opportunities and market linkages to diversify trade channels of smallholder farmers to domestic, regional, and international fresh produce
Markets; (3) improving regulatory and institutional framework to ensure more favorable conditions for small-scale farmers; and (4) systematically addressing cross-cutting issues in market facilitation approaches, including approaches to promote gender equity, good governance, and increased resilience of small-scale farmers to climate variability and change.
“Capacity building in olives and olive oil negotiations, contracting with clients, marketing, and knowledge in international certification
- Consultant Qualifications
Team leader expert qualifications:
- University degree in Agricultural sciences, Marketing or other related fields with at least five years proved experience in olive value chain, marketing, with specialized training in pre-harvest, harvest and post-harvest of olives and olive oil;
- At least 5 years of experience involvement in exporting olive or olive oil;
- Proven experience in conducting trainings and workshops;
- Knowledge of the NGOs work and guiding principles;
- Personal skills: good communication, analytical and drafting skills;
- Fluency in English and Arabic languages;
- Excellent report writing in English and Arabic languages;
- Familiar with the targeted locations.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS TO TENDER
The submitted offers should be in US dollars excluding VAT. The tenderer should be able to issue zero VAT invoices in addition to deduction at source certificate (شهادة خصم مصدر).
- 1. The price offers must comply with the standards and requirements set out in the price offer.
- The submitted offer is binding to the Supplier nor the tender offer may be withdrawn after submission and remains binding by a period of three months starting from the date of the offer.
- Price offers documents delivered by hand.
- Late applications will not be accepted
- The price offers envelop must be sealed and stamped.
- Tender must stamp all bid papers.
- The implementation area only Gaza Strip.
- announcement fees, on the internet or websites, will be paid by the bid winner
- Interested service providers can obtain a copy of the TOR dossier on Tuesday, December 11, 2018 until Tuesday, December 18, 2018 from 09:00 am to 02:30 pm in the Agricultural Development Association’s office in Gaza.
- The proposal should be submitted no later than (2:00 PM) on the (20\12\2018) in PARC premises’ in Gaza Strip.
- A pre-bid meeting will be held on 17/12/2018. Interested companies should attend the pre-bid meeting at PARC’s office at noon at 01:00 pm.
Gaza Strip, Al Zaytoun , Salah Al Deen St .