Oxfam Naseej Call for Proposal
In line with its work to end violence against women and girls and promote gender justice and women’s rights, Oxfam is currently implementing the regional project, Naseej: Connecting Voices and Action to End Violence Against Women and Girls in the MENA Region, funded by the European Union, in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (OPT – West Bank, in particular, Area C, East Jerusalem, and Gaza Strip) in Iraq (Anbar and Diyala), and Yemen (North and the South specifically Sana’a, Lahj, Aden and Taiz). The overall objective of Naseej to contribute to more gender-equitable societies in these countries, in which women and girls live free from violence across all spheres of life.
To achieve this overall objective, Oxfam OPTI is launching a call for proposals to provide financial support to women rights organizations (WROs), civil society organizations (CSOs), and community based organizations (CBOs) operating in the Gaza Strip, West Bank (in particular Area C) and East Jerusalem to enable these organizations to:
- Effectively prevent and respond to sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) in their context
- Become more effective and independent in their work on SGBV
Supported organizations will receive:
- Funding to implement a project as described in this call
- Capacity-building activities tailored to their needs
- The opportunity to participate in learning, exchange and advocacy activities on SGBV with other organizations in OPT as well as in Yemen and Iraq.
Objectives of the Call
Theis call is open to projects aiming at:
- Stream One (services): strengthening support and referral services for and girls SGBV survivors
- Stream Two (social norms): transforming the social norms that perpetuate SGBV with a special focus on youth engagement
- Stream Three (legislation): strengthening development and implementation of national SGBV legislation
Applicants can submit their projects by October 20th 2020 electronically to the following email: [email protected]
Selected applicants will be notified approximately by December 20th 2020
Questions on the call may be addressed in writing to [email protected] subject line: ORGANIZATION NAME/Question.
All questions should be sent before September 20th 2020. Oxfam has no obligation to provide answers to questions sent after this date.
Oxfam cannot provide any opinion on the eligibility of an applicant, its project or activities. To ensure equal treatment of applicants and transparency, a FAQs document addressing all the submitted questions will be prepared and shared on the project website one month before the deadline.
To get more information about the call and download the application package and call guidelines (available in Arabic and English) please visit our website https://www.oxfamitalia.org/naseej/